had the life sucked out of you

Options
How do out find the strength inside you to do your work out when you are so drained emotionally that you just want to stare at the wall. I mean I even have calories left and don't even feel like eating. I want to do my work out cuz I know if I don't tomorrow I will regret it. But I am stuck. And heartbroken

Replies

• deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You've got to put one foot in front of the other
  • mccgivens
    Options
    I've been that way too lately...Just get up and start it. If in 5 minutes you still can't get into it, then make the decision then. Usually, once I start, I'm fine. Wishing you luck. :smile:
  • chrisandrews75
    chrisandrews75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life just gets in the way. So either settle for not doing it, a day or two further from your goal isn't going to hurt?

But if I need to gee myself up, I find a walk out in the fresh air (in my case with the dog) works wonders. Preferably as close to nature and far from people :) as possible. Or a change of scenery.
  • beckybo91
    beckybo91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Put one foot in front of the other. Idk if you're religious or not, but a prayer to God for strength really gets me through the day when all I want to do is crawl in bed and cry.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Why not give yourself a day off then determine to get back on the horse. Exercise will help you to feel physically better, even if it won't fix your broken heart.

take care of yiurself .
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I felt like that last night, sometimes it is so, so hard to work up the will to do it. Don't know what your workout is but I do cross trainer and find putting something on the tv that I really enjoy helps me get through it. Give yourself a treat afterwards, like a hot bubble bath or something you like, something you can look forward to.
    Exercise releases happy hormones so maybe that will give you a boost!! :)
  • Glam0809
    Options
    I usually find that working out during hard times is like therapy. The workout is stronger. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. But the harder it hurts, the stronger you get. Say a prayer!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    there has been MANY a day i have felt like that and you just HAVE TO PUSH yourself basicaly but i will tell you as soon as you have done that workout you WILL feel SOOOOOO much better for it!
    good luck x
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I guess you have to ask yourself if you need the break. If it is someone being a jerk, or a situation that's bothering you, are you willing to give them/it this much power over your wellbeing. If someone has passed away, then take the time to remember and honor them in some way and let the exercise wait. Sometimes we need to cry and wail some things out. Whatever you are going through, I hope you don't mind my praying for you. That you would experience comfort and peace of mind, and friendship of God. I wish I could give you a hug.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I understand that. I personally have been going through depression but I have had to make myself get up and do it. I just get up and force myself to walk in place. Once I start I keep going. Good luck.
  • celina6062
    celina6062 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can totally empathize Trish. One day at a time can seem like an eternity. Just remember that you are doing this for yourself. And whoever or whatever is getting you down shouldn't win over you. I know your under a lot of stress. If nothing else do some strength training. Just a little to burn some calories. I'm going to do that now. I need to push myself cause right now I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel either. Take care and sending positive light and love your way my fitness pal buddy!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Take a break, put the scale away and keep counting cals and working out and at the end of 2 weeks see if you maintained, if you've stayed at the same weight then you can kick it up a notch. And if you lost by some chance rejoice in the happy accident! If for some reason you've gained then you may need to reevaluate you diet and find a different workout plan. You win in every instance and you give yourself some much needed time off.
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been that way too lately...Just get up and start it. If in 5 minutes you still can't get into it, then make the decision then. Usually, once I start, I'm fine. Wishing you luck. :smile:

Me too!! I have had a lot of days lately where I just don't care about it, then I manage to peel myself off the pity train and jump on the treadmill...then I don't leave for 2 hours!! Usually I find my best workouts are the ones I didn't want to do in the first place!! Good luck girl, you are doing great!! Keep it up!!
  • ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am so sorry you are heartbroken. How about just walking in the neighborhood instead? Especially if the weather is pretty, but if rainy, grab an umbrella. Walk 1 mile quickly = 100 calories = about 15 minutes. Another thing that helps if you are feeling down is to do something nice for someone else. Do a favor for a friend in need; volunteer at a soup kitchen; visit a shut in or ill person; Make something for someone else. :flowerforyou:
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    turn your s/bad feelings into power. Use them to push yourself harder - take out ur frustraions

if its a past lover see his face as the punching bag before you
    if someone passed away-- see the punching bag as death's face before you

edit: Ohh walking is a good idea as suggested above it releases endorphines (feel good enzymes)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys, guess I was having a bad week. Stress can really do a number on your hormones when it is your TOM.