I know it's natural but..

Options
Ok so on sunday I had lost 2 pounds, i've been doing well since then- no going over or anything- i weighed myself today and I've gone up 1 pound. Knickers.

I know it could be water, indigestion or all sort of things but it makes you wish you'd never weighed in...

I dont even know why i'm posting this because I know it's perfectly normal... but I'm going to have a good old grumble anyway :grumble:

hope everyone is having a good day/night (cant get hand of the time difference tnhing) :happy:

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok so on sunday I had lost 2 pounds, i've been doing well since then- no going over or anything- i weighed myself today and I've gone up 1 pound. Knickers.

I know it could be water, indigestion or all sort of things but it makes you wish you'd never weighed in...

I dont even know why i'm posting this because I know it's perfectly normal... but I'm going to have a good old grumble anyway :grumble:

hope everyone is having a good day/night (cant get hand of the time difference tnhing) :happy:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I've been working my butt off and staying steady for a couple days. It's very irritating, especially with weigh in tomorrow.
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi DaisyJane

I hate that as well, especially when I stick to my calories and cant even say "OK maybe that piece of chocolate did it..." Sometimes I just dont want to understand that it is normal to vary from one day to the other.

How often do you weigh yourself? I have started to weigh myself no more than once a week.
    I got pretty depressed with the changes in wieght when I weighed myself daily. It's hard but I try not to "peek" in between and stick to checking the scales once a week and no more. It helped me alot.

Nice to see someone else from London by the way :-)

Hope you have a nice day. :smile:

Hanna
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me. :grumble: i usually blame it on eating salty foods (I LOVE SALT!). Doesn't make it any more fun though! :(
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I went for a three hour walk on Sunday and yesterday I went to the pool and swam 35 laps... stayed well within my alloted calories and BAM. Jump on the scale today and up 1.5! With weigh in tomorrow! I can't be up :( Am going to be super careful today. So don't worry a few of us are in the same boat!
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    Thanks for your posts guys- really good to know that others feel the same way..

Hanna- You are absolutely right about frequency of weigh-ins... I am double guilty as I have posted about this before and I should know better than to weigh daily:embarassed:

I am REALLY going to try hard to only do it once a week (ooh matron)

Nice to meet a fellow Londoner on here:happy: I'm trying to add more Sainsburys BGTY stuff etc to the database for us brits :happy:
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    The same thing happens to me. :grumble: i usually blame it on eating salty foods (I LOVE SALT!). Doesn't make it any more fun though! :(

Oh God I hear you loud and clear! I just cant live without it... Actually I did make a super salty chicken dhansak last night... hmmm
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Thanks for your posts guys- really good to know that others feel the same way..

Hanna- You are absolutely right about frequency of weigh-ins... I am double guilty as I have posted about this before and I should know better than to weigh daily:embarassed:

I am REALLY going to try hard to only do it once a week (ooh matron)

Nice to meet a fellow Londoner on here:happy: I'm trying to add more Sainsburys BGTY stuff etc to the database for us brits :happy:

Hey :bigsmile: hehehe, yes I am adding stuff from Sainsbury's too.
    I like BGTY, my favourite is the Spinach & Ricotta Caneloni and the Spaghetti Bolognese. That's my choice whenever i need something yummy and dont have many calories left, like at dinner time for example :happy:

Thank you for the friend request :smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing this week. I was having a great week and decided to weigh early - 1.5 lbs down!!!!

Then comes TOM, I weigh yesterday and only .5 lbs down...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Pretty normal - but frustrating.

best to weigh only once a week.. I've learned.. jb