Hi! New here and looking for support and accountability

Options
Hi! My name is Cody. I'm a 31 yr. old stay at home mom of three kids (daughter 6 yrs., son 7 yrs., son 10 yrs.). I have been struggling with my weight for a while. My weight right now (I'm ashamed to admit) is 292 lbs. (this is the heaviest I have ever been). I am so unhappy with how I have let myself go. I would like to get down to about 145 lbs. which means I have a loooooooong way to go and alot to loose. I have tried in the past but with no support it is almost impossible to stay motivated. I am afraid if things don't change soon my health will continue to deteriorate (I have severe acid reflux, Not diagnosed but possibly diabetes, sleep apnea, my weight is causing both my knees to be in constant pain) not to mention just generally being tired all the time and out of breathe and miserable. I have GOT to DO something I can't let this go on. I can't gain anymore weight, I've got to start loosing. Anyway I look forward to visiting this site regularly and hope to meet some new friends that I can take this weightloss journey with that will understand what I'm going through.

P.S. my weaknesses are ANYTHING sweet especially chocolate, soda, & portion control

Replies

• Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi Cody, your in a similar situation as myself, welcome to MFP you can do this!

Feel free to add me!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cody. I'm a 31 yr. old stay at home mom of three kids (daughter 6 yrs., son 7 yrs., son 10 yrs.). I have been struggling with my weight for a while. My weight right now (I'm ashamed to admit) is 292 lbs. (this is the heaviest I have ever been). I am so unhappy with how I have let myself go. I would like to get down to about 145 lbs. which means I have a loooooooong way to go and alot to loose. I have tried in the past but with no support it is almost impossible to stay motivated. I am afraid if things don't change soon my health will continue to deteriorate (I have severe acid reflux, Not diagnosed but possibly diabetes, sleep apnea, my weight is causing both my knees to be in constant pain) not to mention just generally being tired all the time and out of breathe and miserable. I have GOT to DO something I can't let this go on. I can't gain anymore weight, I've got to start loosing. Anyway I look forward to visiting this site regularly and hope to meet some new friends that I can take this weightloss journey with that will understand what I'm going through.

P.S. my weaknesses are ANYTHING sweet especially chocolate, soda, & portion control

You are in good company and certainly in the right place. Feel free to add me as friend if you wish.

Gary
  • JRMCK64
    JRMCK64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Cody anything is possible you just need to want it. i have lost almost 60 kg 127 lbs so it can be done you need friends that support and give support back. You need to be honest with yourself and log every thing good or bad and it will happen you can add me if you wish i am always looking for friends who support one and other cheers
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have been where you are...I have been working at it for 8 months now and have lost almost 70 pounds. (I still have a ways to go to get to my goal of 170.) I had a Diet Coke addiction for many years...now with the exception of 1 can after staying up all night, I quit drinking soda(of any kind) since March 6th...so it can be done! Just know that anything is possible! Have a great day and feel free to friend me if you want!

Kim
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

You are not alone. I was 298lbs this time last year and had many of the same issues you had. I had not been diagnosed by the doctor but I knew what was going on. I couldn't eat anything without severe heartburn. I noticed that I would wake myself from not being able to breathe (all of the fat around my neck) and I could barely walk a few stairs without feeling like I was going to die. Jan 2011, I decided to make a change. I knew I couldn't just completely cut out my favorite things so I started changing the way I cooked them. I slowly incorporated ground turkey instead of ground beef. I bought lower fat versions of my foods (mayo and butter--which now I rarely eat anymore) and I found some lower fat chocolate fudge sticks that are a lot less calories than a candy bar and I dont' feel deprived. I drank soda but I started drinking a little diet mixed with it and slowly changed the ratio of diet to regular and now I don't drink regular at all (I only have like 2 sodas a week). I also started by walking in place for 10 min three days a week and now I work out 5 days a week for 30 min or more. I am now 234 lbs and although I have a lot more to lose, I feel so much better than I did last year. I haven't had heartburn in a long time. I can sleep on my back and breathe. I can go up a whole flight of stairs and not feel winded. You can do it.