Hello Everyone!

Options
TNoire
TNoire Posts: 642 Member
:flowerforyou:

My name is Tina I am from Canada but live in the Midwest USA
back in 2000 I graduated high school at 135lbs, I quit my bad habit of smoking and within a couple years I gained 195lbs
March 2009 I got on track with my weight cause my doctor told me I wouldn't be having kids if I kept at the weight I was 330lbs...
I was shocked, I then got on track it was a difficult first 6 months since the doc misdiagnosed me having me take metformin when I wasn't even diabetic... sure helped with the weight loss but all my levels (cholesterol etc) where normal
She put me on a diet of unlimited meat/eggs/cheese and 20 carbs from veggies...
Everything went abnormal and I was at risk for a heart attack and other things at the age of 27/28
I then went to a new doctor they got me on track I was able to lose 156lbs total in 19 months, then came the stress of buying/selling mine and hubbys houses and eating a lot of fast food cause I had nothing unpacked to cook with, just stress not not counting calories either, today I am back up to 218lbs but I know I can do this ive done it before
Only thing now is we got the green light to start a family this year so I am not working out 2-3hrs a day like last year
Which my doctor said is fine but i need to keep active cause my blood pressure is still a bit high

I hope everyone is doing well & meet some friends that are going though the same struggles i am and we can help one another, I would love to hear everyones stories :)

Replies

• k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    Hello there! I joined MFP because I desire to start a family as well but have had trouble and I believe it's because I'm overweight. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone and I'd be glad to be in your cheering section :) YOU CAN DO IT!
  • JRMCK64
    JRMCK64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi i was losing weight befor i found MFP but this is a great site anything is possible you just need to want it. i have lost almost 60 kg 127 lbs so it can be done. You need friends that support and give support back. You need to be honest with yourself and log every thing good or bad and it will happen you can add me if you wish i am always looking for friends who support one and other cheers
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks all and thanks for the friend adds always nice to see more folks in the same boat as well :heart: