Crock Pot Recipes that Make Good Leftovers?

oftheearth
oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
Please only low-cal suggestions.

I live alone and this is why I want recipes that will taste good after being refrigerated (or frozen)!

Thank you so much! I have not used my Crock Pot yet, I got it for 2 dollars at a garage sale this summer, it's in perfect condition.

Replies

• sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Trying skinnytaste.com - there are healthy recipes and I think there's a category for crock pot recipes.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 315 Member
    I like to put chicken breasts in mine and cover them with bbq sauce and let them cook for about 6 to 8 hours. So yummy!
  • jadeh218
    jadeh218 Posts: 36 Member
    Soups are always good - whatever veggies you have to use up, or were going cheap at the fruit/veg shop. Just keep in mind things like corn, potato/sweet potato etc are higher in cals than other vegs. I also tend to use tinned tomatoes as a base, and just some stock.

I also use recipe bases - I never do exactly what they say - always add a tonne more veggies, less meat (ie 1kg is not needed to feed only 4 people!!!) etc and then do a bit smaller serving size.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    refried beans - I make my own using a crock pot, 1lb makes about 6lbs cooked, and I freeze them in 1lb bags. You could probably do smaller serving sizes if its just you. Making them yourself saves lots of sodium. - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NeuroticVirgo/view/refried-beans-cheap-low-calorie-low-sodium-freezer-friendly-88785 (also, since writing this, I've found this does actually keep well in the freezer, so I would say 3 months its still good)

chicken taco mix - black beans, chicken and rotel. Its a bummer I accidentally must have deleted my picture. I just took the frozen left overs out and it was still just as good. I made enchiladas with the left overs, very tasty! - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/337793-crockpot-chicken-tacos

BBQ chicken - this also tastes good after being frozen. - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317443-bbq-shredded-chicken-crockpot-108-calories

I wish I had more for you, but I haven't tried any of my other crock pot stuff after its been frozen. We usually end up going through the left overs to fast.
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    :bigsmile: We found this on a WW website and we made it this week, a lot of different ways to use this even leftovers.
    I did a WW tortilla and a little bit of reduced fat shredded cheese yesterday
    some of my co workers did this on a bed of whole grain rice

YUMMY!!

Chicken Stroganoff - Crockpot Method
    Makes 6 servings
    Ingredients
    1 pound frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup
    16 oz. carton fat free sour cream
    1 envelope dry onion soup mix
    Put frozen chicken in bottom of crockpot. Mix soup, sour cream,
    onion soup mix and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 7 hours.
    Makes 6 servings. (serve it over rice or noodles, but be sure to add those points)