????CONFUSED???

Options
Quick question. Now my goal is a 2 pound a week loss and based on that i should be having 1880 calories. Now I go through my day and track my meals and when completed logging finishing the entry. But looking at the "if every day were like day" section, I'd weigh less the further from my calorie goals I am.

This obviously gets me concerned as to which direction I should be going. As in aim for the calories or be a few hundred less and thus ultimately get better results?

What are your thoughts and findings on this issue and what would you recommend for the ultimate best results.

Ie. Match the calories as best as possible or be a few hundred less?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    match the calories, and NET the calorie goal that MFP gives you.

of course you would lose loads of weight if you hardly ate anything, but that wouldnt be healthy and you wouldnt keep it off in the long run...
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've almost always stayed a couple hundred calories under because I feel I sometimes underestimate my calories throughout the day. I guess I feel that staying under kind of evens things out.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Try to stay as close to your goal as possible. If you go too far under, your body will not be getting the calories it needs and will eventually respond by lowering your basal metabolic rate in a starvation response. This will slow down your weight loss and cause plateauing. Slow and steady will win this race so be patient with the 2lbs a week goal.

9114468.png
  • theportkey
    theportkey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think what I will be trying to do is... consume the calories given by MFP... then burn approx 200 calories two or 3 times a week. maybe stick to this for my first 4 weeks and see how that goes. My goal is 1Lb / week .. so this time next year I should be at my required weight :-)
  • yesiwillbeloosingit
    Options
    Dont forget that its not just about how much you eat - but what you eat :) If you match the numbers and those numbers are mostly from sugar and fat- you wont be loosing anything..

GL :)