I'm an apple shape and I hate myself what should I do?

Options
124»

Replies

• imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    I got an pear shape so dam gross I don't know how my bf can acutally look at me and tell me that im beautiful maybe he just saying that just to make me happy, I look in the mirror I just gross myself out and say oh my god look at you, I know I can better myself and do something about it im trying my hardest
  • curvysunshine
    curvysunshine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've always been an apple shape too and it's really hard. Even if you can find some fat acceptance photos and the whole oh every size is beautiful, any illustration of a fat girl is going to be big mighty hips, a huge *kitten*, this little dinky pooch of a belly. But once I started really burning some weight off it really gave me more of a shape. I carry almost all my weight in my gut, and my butt isn't very big, and my thighs aren't either. It is HELL to find jeans that fit let me tell you, because women's jeans are designed for thunder thighs and I sure don't got em. But the more weight I lose the more shape I notice. I do a lot of walking, biking and squats and I've built an *kitten* from scratch, it may not be a big one but it's not a back with a crack like I had before! I do a lot of strength exercises and I can see muscles and curves poking through that didn't before. Even us apples have a shape under there, it's just a *kitten* to unearth it. Don't give up!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Stop hating your body.

What she said. There are 100 other things more important than silly shapes. If you blink, you'll miss one of them. Good luck.
  • pocodonn
    pocodonn Posts: 27
    Options
    Please don't hate your body shape. EVERYONE has things about themselves that they'd give anything to change. We need to learn to accept what we have and love ourselves for it. There was a great saying I heard not that long ago that really put a smile on my face:

'I love everything that you hate about yourself'

Preach!!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Love yourself with healthy food and exercise. Your shape will change, and you will lose weight from your middle, maybe more than you expect. You don't know exactly how you will look. Subtle curves are beautiful.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I am totally an apple shape. Friend me and take a look at my before and after pictures. Something to look forward to. Start tracking your food and get your *kitten* in the gym. :)

And you are gorgeous!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    There is hope. You actually can get a bigger butt but its hard work. I have seen girls on here who had flat butts before they worked out and now they have beautiful backsides. First of all stop hating your body. You were born a certain way, now embrace that big ole chest and start doing something about the excess fat that makes your stomache look big. Do squats and Str train your *kitten* and thighs to make yourself curvy. It's hard work, but I have seen it done.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being "apple" shaped.
    If you want more of a booty start lifting weights, deadlifts and squats will give you a great bum! You can change the way your body looks, to a certain degree.
    And focus on the positive. Do you know how many girls want bigger boobs?:laugh:
  • moodyshannon15
    moodyshannon15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple as well. No hips, no butt, small boobs and all belly...that's how I feel anyway. But its all good!! I'm just want to be healthy. Time to learn self love. Its hard but so worth it.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple, and I'd rather be an apple! All my friends are jealous of my boobs, and I like my overall shape, just not the belly (but I'm shrinking it!)
    Don't think for one second that you can't change your body and that it's "genetics." That's absolute crap. If you have proper nutrition and you strength train, your body will completely change. YOU CAN GET A BOOTY pretty quickly through strength training! My booty went from fine to amazing after months of strength training with a booty-focused trainer :) All the exercises can be done at home- squats, squat jumps, lunges, jumping lunges, bridges (THE BEST), kick-backs (stand and kick your leg backwards and slightly out, in a controlled way- you should feel it on the outside of your butt. amazing way to target that muscle). do exercises like these regularly, really put 110% effort into them and you'll have a booty in no time. I love mine now, and so does my boyfriend!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing at this, lol. This is be story of my life,,,seriously !!

It is hard work and, like yesterday where I would rather have eaten my dogs dinner than do it, I still did it, and the reason why...? It works.

I can't stop laughing at this - it's true though isn't it?!?! For the first few days I had to pause between circuits for a lie on the floor and cry but I'd recommend it to anyone and I keep doing it..... I think there might be subliminal messages in the music....
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I think I was an apple before I had a big belly and big boobs. I totally changed my body shape.

2A5D243E-20D9-4567-B2B4-C411305CF6EE-1908-0000013AA3A6DCF0_zps3ec03b36.jpg

D28C4F45-49B8-4384-B0E4-3843A82D4935-1908-0000013AA23CD566_zpsa2a35850.jpg

I worked on my belly alot and I made sure my legs grew lol... I think
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This thread is 2 years old.
    I imagine the op is long gone from the site.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options

I'm so tired of this fruit shape nonsense. >.<

If you don't like it stay out of the fruit shaped threads... Go be human shaped elsewhere!

lol, it was never that serious :)

Oh sorry... Humans welcome here :-)

NO, it is serious!!

tumblr_lngn6uRRdT1qii6tmo1_500.gif
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    This thread is 2 years old.
    I imagine the op is long gone from the site.

how dare you be smarter than us??!
  • bornleader79
    bornleader79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lmao
  • Tamp1973
    Tamp1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what u mean. I'm sick to death of being asked when my baby's due!
  • Tamp1973
    Tamp1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's very discouraging to have most of ur weight go to the wrong places. Also am sick to death of being asked when my baby's due. Wanna tell em all where to go.