Time to get the act back in order

Options
nonafit
nonafit Posts: 582 Member
Hi

Am 36 year old from Malaysia - found this in Blackberry app yesterday and I am on board today.
For someone whom famously quoted during family reunions - "Fat does not exist in my dictionary"!!! I spiraled out of control since 2004 and pile 30 kgs eeekkkkk. :cry: :ohwell:

I hope this is it to get the act back in order.

Replies

• nic1976
    nic1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site & has some really great tools...everyone is really supportive which is great when you need motivation

It's a great step just to be here

Good luck to you on your journey...you can do it!!
  • nonafit
    Options
    Thanks - hoping for the support as well. Still exploring the site but the calories counter had got me hooked. How long did it take for you lose the 2 kgs.
  • nic1976
    nic1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The calorie counter is pretty good...I love the app as well. The support I have on here is really good & some of the forums are so good too.

I really only got serious about this 3 weeks ago & that it how long it has taken me to lose the 2 kgs which I'm happy about. MFP has helped me since I'm now tracking everything that I eat.

How are you doing with everything? Do you have support from friends & family?
  • nonafit
    Options
    Hi Nic

Some how the moment I started counting calories my intake had reduced below 1200. Strange and I do not binge eat. But too soon to say as I had just joined. In term of support...a strong definite yes from family. Friends I am not very sure. I am doing this for myself and my son...so I am determined to do this with or without any support.
  • cardglor
    Options
    Good for you for joining. You can get support by reading what others on MFP are saying. Keeping my food diary is very important to me because I become more careful about what I eat when I see how many calories are in certain foods. And I like to read about people's successes and their struggles. It helps me to feel that I'm not alone. You can add me as a friend if you like.:smile:
  • nonafit
    Options
    That's true Cardglor. I really can feel the support and motivation here. I am hooked to this site. Reading success stories gives me such warmth and drive.