Acai Berry Detox

Options
Just a warning to all of you who are trying ANYTHING to pull this weight off.....
I found a website that advertised weightloss using Acai Berry Detox and a Colon Cleanse product. These products have also been posted on MFP, Rachel Ray, and are advertised as good products using ABC news among others. I ordered the trial product for me and my husband. It says you just had to pay the shipping costs. You must read the fine print. We didn't notice anything happening. They charged my account twice for $87.73. I call them up to get a refund. I ask if I need to send the remaining supply back. They tell me no. She says that she forwarded the request to the refund department, but they didn't show the money coming out of my account, yet. It hadn't fully come out, it was in processing. So, she says I'll here something in 7-10 business days. I hadn't heard anything so I call again today. I get contradicting statements: "you waited to long to request refund" and "wait for the e-mail confirmation to contact your bank to see if the funds have been returned". These statements were from the same rep....didn't speak English very well either. I was on hold over 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor that never came on.
In short, don't buy it. If you think it's the right thing to do, then don't buy it off the internet.
I hope this stops some naive person like me from doing the same dumb thing. Good Luck everyone!

Replies

• mom2bchef
    Options
    Just a warning to all of you who are trying ANYTHING to pull this weight off.....
    I found a website that advertised weightloss using Acai Berry Detox and a Colon Cleanse product. These products have also been posted on MFP, Rachel Ray, and are advertised as good products using ABC news among others. I ordered the trial product for me and my husband. It says you just had to pay the shipping costs. You must read the fine print. We didn't notice anything happening. They charged my account twice for $87.73. I call them up to get a refund. I ask if I need to send the remaining supply back. They tell me no. She says that she forwarded the request to the refund department, but they didn't show the money coming out of my account, yet. It hadn't fully come out, it was in processing. So, she says I'll here something in 7-10 business days. I hadn't heard anything so I call again today. I get contradicting statements: "you waited to long to request refund" and "wait for the e-mail confirmation to contact your bank to see if the funds have been returned". These statements were from the same rep....didn't speak English very well either. I was on hold over 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor that never came on.
    In short, don't buy it. If you think it's the right thing to do, then don't buy it off the internet.
    I hope this stops some naive person like me from doing the same dumb thing. Good Luck everyone!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    If you haven't got your money back from them yet and you used a credit/debit card to purchase this, go to your bank and dispute it. That is ridiculous and thank you for the warning!
  • ehorner1976
    Options
    I work at a financial institution, just contact whoever the items where charged too, the will have you sign an affidavit explaining how you tried to resolve the situtation. Then they charge it back to the company. You can get your money back trust me on this one! :wink:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    There was just a news story about this last night. I had a similar thing happen with a supplement for the "bedroom". I eventally changed my bank acct to get them off my back because they never cancelled the deduction order and I never saw a refund.
  • midnightangelz
    Options
    Yes, stay away from these websites. My CC fraud department called me 2 days after I ordered these (heck I was willing to give it a try) and I have had to fill out affidavits of fraud for the CC company and have my entire account changed. I had read the fine print, and I was ok with the $8.89 and the $5.67 shipping I got charged, and I even read the note that came with the Acai Berry that told me in very clear terms that if I didn't call them to cancel in 10 days they would be sending me more very 20 days at a cost of $89.......what I was not ok with was all of the 'other' charges that started appearing on my card for things that I didn't order; hence the fraud affidavits and the canceled card#.
    Better safe than sorry, so just stay away!!