Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Questions about Diet Medications

I introduced myself on the boards yesterday, and if you read my post I am sure you already know that I am trying to lose weight so I can meet the Military’s height/weight requirements because I want to join the United States Navy.

Long story short, if I choose to indulge I usually do it only when (1) I have enough extra calories to consume according to MFP and (2) I have consumed all the water I needed for a day as it fills me up and I won’t eat as much.

Anyway, I am trying to get this weight off ASAP because I want to have a contract by Thanksgiving at the latest.
My boyfriend is one of those guys who played every sport, weight lifted and is addicted to exercise
(I wish I had his motivation) and he has me on OxyElite Pro and I am taking Chromium as well.

A friend of mine is a homeopath and is giving me homeopathic remedies to take before meals and something to support my lymphatic system.

Is there anything else that I should pick up at a GNC to shake this weight off faster? I worked out in the gym yesterday by doing a lot of weight training and biking for a mile, so even if it’s a thermogenic I will use that energy in the gym.

Let me know if you guys know anything in particular that worked for you!

Thanks for the help :)

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    "Is there anything else that I should pick up at a GNC to shake this weight off faster?"

-No.
  • leeanndelcourt
    leeanndelcourt Posts: 28 Member
    Hey There.......wish I had a magic formula for you but ultimately it's burning more calories than you are eating each week. I would be careful with weight loss pills........they might work at first but it's hard to say what the long term consequences are, also, being healthy is a complete lifestyle change.......eat healthy and less and work out more.......for your entire life. Conquer your healthy lifestyle now so that you don't have to keep losing weight every time the military says you need to, you'll just always be healthy and fit and ready for anything!
  • With all that activity you should be dropping lbs at a very good rate. I use 7 Keto & CLA, but I'm doing a low calorie diet.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    i worked at gnc and im a nurse... i took oxyelite pro and it helped me lose 35lbs... but be careful.... dont stay on it for too long! follow the instructions!!
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Thanks for your responses, I usually take the weekends off with OxyElite. I just didn't know if anyone had any better ideas to try. I am losing about 2-4lbs a week depending on how many times I exercise.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    No. But you might want to have a cardiologist on speed dial just in case.
  • csparon
    No. But you might want to have a cardiologist on speed dial just in case.

I work for a Plastic Surgery Center/Family Practice combined into one. My doctor/co-worker is fully aware of what I am doing and he checks up with me on a weekly basis. Thank you for your concern.
  • Hi Courtney!

My husband is a big fitness buff and used to be a bodybuilder. At the ripe age of 45 he is still ripped. I can tell you though that there is no magic pill to lose weight and keep it off or there would be no MFP and everyone would be slim and in shape. I can also tell you that my husband has always been on something or another and a frequent user of GNC and all kinds of products over the years. He has had multiple problems and some health issues from taking all that stuff. It might be ok when your young but you have to think about long term and at your age you will drop the weight just fine. Its finding the thing that drives you and makes you want to exercise so try everything you can until you find something you enjoy. Running and listening to your fav music or even walking. I do know that you will be doing alot of running in boot camp and good old jumping jacks, situps and pushups.
    You'll do GREAT and keep up the good work Courtney!
  • csparon
    Hi Courtney!

My husband is a big fitness buff and used to be a bodybuilder. At the ripe age of 45 he is still ripped. I can tell you though that there is no magic pill to lose weight and keep it off or there would be no MFP and everyone would be slim and in shape. I can also tell you that my husband has always been on something or another and a frequent user of GNC and all kinds of products over the years. He has had multiple problems and some health issues from taking all that stuff. It might be ok when your young but you have to think about long term and at your age you will drop the weight just fine. Its finding the thing that drives you and makes you want to exercise so try everything you can until you find something you enjoy. Running and listening to your fav music or even walking. I do know that you will be doing alot of running in boot camp and good old jumping jacks, situps and pushups.
    You'll do GREAT and keep up the good work Courtney!

Thanks! I know there isn't a magic pill, I just didn't know if there was something better than OxyElite. I guess, even if OxyElite is a scam it does give me incredible energy to want to work out. And I know I will lose a lot of weight at bootcamp. I assure you these pills are only temporary. I gained 30lbs since high school due to stress, college and moving... yeah I know, just a lot of excuses and I guess my metabolism isn't as fast as it used to be. But thanks for your advise, I am just gonna keep going to the gym and I guess the only thing I can do is be patient :)