Jillian Michaels - thoughts?

Options
I've done 30DS in the past and even after a short time I felt a lot more toned however I didn't keep it up as I'm a fan of longer cardio sessions and I never really felt like 20 minutes was enough for me to lose weight (I didn't see weight loss results).

For people who have done the Jillian Michaels DVDs... do they work? Can they be used as a substitute to the gym/running for losing weight or should they be seen as an additional workout for more toning purposes?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    They will work if you do them. Jillian will make you work for it and it is exhausting, but if you have the willpower (and I am sure you do) I would get the Yoga Meltdown and the one that boosts your metabolism. Also, I'd strongly recommend her book, "Unlimited" it is easily one of the best books I have ever read.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS in the past and even after a short time I felt a lot more toned however I didn't keep it up as I'm a fan of longer cardio sessions and I never really felt like 20 minutes was enough for me to lose weight (I didn't see weight loss results).

For people who have done the Jillian Michaels DVDs... do they work? Can they be used as a substitute to the gym/running for losing weight or should they be seen as an additional workout for more toning purposes?

I did the 30 DS for 30 days and found i lost a lot of inches and weight, now i am carrying on with it but doing d1 L1, d2 l2, d3 l3 etc and im not losing weight or inches so i think they are ok when you first do them

xxxxx
  • nbloom
    nbloom Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey,
    I have done a lot of Jillian's dvds and yea there great and do tone and burn calories, but i think they should be in addition to some other form of cardio a few days a week. hope this helps

Natalie
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    they are a supplement. not a replacement.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i get bored with some of the videos. I have to alternate it (gym classes, running, swimming)and not concentrate on just videos for my workout.

They are great for toning, but it just doesnt get my heart rate high enough for a good calorie burn..but thats just me
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    right now, my friend and I are going through Ripped In 30, 6 Week Abs and Killer Buns and Thighs. We alternate everyday and these DVD's are amazing. I can feel the muscle toning in my legs. If you keep with them and eat right, yes, you WILL shed the fat. I did Ripped in 30 (which is amazing) for 30 days and I did lose weight for my Florida trip. Just stick with it. It isn't gonna happen right away and you might need to do it a few times to get the results you want but just do it at least 6 days a week and you will start to feel your clothes fitting differently. And yes, some of her workouts are short but they can also be brutal. Good Luck!!!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Im doing both 30 day shred and her 6 week 6pack together so I can get an hour of working out in and i do this 5 times a week. Now im just starting but i already feeel my body changing for the better and i have better endurance as I go which i am really excited about. My suggestion is once u do them for the first time and u have completed all they way and u do a second round i would definelty add some more cardio with it like running/jogging or an extra 30 minutes at the gym doing machine work or just add some extra workout dvds with the 30 day shred...couldnt hurt right???
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There's no reason you can't do 30DS and another cardio workout in the same day.

And as long as you're eating right, any exercise works.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think they're a supplement. I'm doing another round with them now, but I always add in a cardio workout too. Personally, I don't feel like it does enough on it's own. Plus, I really want to add endurance, which is best achieved through vigorous cardio exercise.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Since I became a member here in the middle of august Ive done Ripped, 6 w 6 p and Killer buns and lost 10 pounds and 2,5 inches in my waist ( navel).
    I first did the shred in february so my body dont respond to ony 20 minute workouts anymore. I bought heavier dumbells and I always do at least 60 minutes, combining diffrent levels of Ripped with 6 w 6 p and 6 w 6p with Killer buns. When I combined Ripped l 3 and 4 for two weeks I lost 3,7 pounds. Its about always challengeing your body, pushing yoursel to the limit. While I combined them I never trained more then five days in a row, just so my body would get some rest, but always pushing is a way to add a level to it.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do lv 1 of 30DS and am on day 18 (was sick for a while but I pushed through staying on lv 1) SInce I am so far will finish lv 1 and then go to lv 2. Also I do a cardio. Both of these are in the AM. Then in the evening I do Shred it with weights (10 pd Kettleball) and a cardio. The evening cardio is HIIT training or EA Sports Active 2 for XBox Kinect. When I do just the JM videos I do not see pds come off only inches. I want both so I have to add a second cardio along with it. Just started the evening cardio swithchup routine so hopefully it will work. Hope you find your nitch of getting your body to where you want it. Good Luck
  • sophs87
    sophs87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!