2 ways to burn fat quickly in the morning...

Options
1. Wake up & Workout!

Start Exercising first thing in the morning.

As soon as you wake up in the morning workout for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Studies show that working out in the morning has been shown to burn up to 3 times as more fat as opposed to working out at any other time during the day.

Here's Why: During the day your body's main source of energy is the carbohydrates that you get from eating your meals.

As you sleep at night for 6+ hours your body uses up all those carbohydrates as energy for various bodily functions that go on while you sleep.

When you wake up in the morning your body doesn't have any carbohydrates as energy to use and it will look to burn body fat instead for energy.

For you to take advantage of this morning fat burning opportunity you have to exercise first thing in the morning. Don't eat breakfast because if you do...

You'll just give your body some carbohydrates as a source of energy instead of the body fat that you want to burn for energy.

Another great thing about working out first thing in the morning is that your metabolism gets revved up after your morning workout. Morning workouts keep your metabolism elevated throughout the day.

An elevated metabolism throughout the day only means that you'll burn more calories and lose more weight.

If you workout at night you may still burn fat while you workout but as soon as you go to sleep your metabolism will slow down and you'll miss out on all the extra fat that you can burn during the day if you had exercised in the morning. When you sleep your metabolic rate is always at its slowest.

2. Don't Skip Breakfast

Eating breakfast in the morning also gets your metabolism started.

Don't skip breakfast and wait until mid-morning or afternoon to eat, your metabolism will run slower causing you not burn any extra fat.

Think about this way-Your metabolism is a fireplace that'll burn fat all day long for you if you operate it correctly. When you eat breakfast you are basically throwing a log onto that fireplace to get it started burning fat.

Eating breakfast will help stop those cravings you may have later on in the day and along with working out in the morning, eating breakfast will also keep you energized throughout the day and lower stress levels.

Morning Checklist:
■Workout for at least 30 minutes after waking up in the morning
■Eat a healthy breakfast
■Burn fat & lose more weight during the day

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a cup of coffee and then go and work out is this defeating the purpose or should I wait and drink my coffee after I return from the gym?
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a cup of coffee and then go and work out is this defeating the purpose or should I wait and drink my coffee after I return from the gym?

Read here...... http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2010/07/22/how-coffee-can-energize-your-workout
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Your metabolism doesn't run slower if you don't have breakfast xD ahhhh myths
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just don't forget: the chemical reaction that burns fatty acids for energy also requires amino acids, which are found in protein. So, in layman's terms, when you burn fat, it's about three parts fat to one part protein. You need to eat or drink some protein both before and after any workout, because if there isn't enough protein in your system, it will take that protein from your muscles. You want to lose fat *without* losing any muscle.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    No. Coffee has very few calories - you probably use them just walking into the gym. But caffeine can make you jittery without food in your stomach.

It is true that it's better to work out in the mornings. Unfortunately, I don't have that option as I get to work by 6:30 am. So, I burn less at night but still get to the gym!
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've heard the same thing before and therefore I have been using this practice. Thank you for the reminder!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    does sex count as an early morning workout? In which case I have medically proven reason to rub uglies first thing in the morning, and any proof to back up my argument will be welcome.............by me anyway..haha
  • shellybelly35
    shellybelly35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to work out in the morning, i feel so much better through out the day...but i have more time to go to the gym at night. I m glad that you posted this advice because,i can at least take my dog for a fast walk(which he loves) and will do a 30 min dvd when i get home! Starting today,and still do the gym at night,hopefully this will help....:smile:
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • cryssybaby77
    cryssybaby77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can't workout without eating breakfast first. I lose so much energy and become sick and weak,.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I always workout in the mornings but I didn't know this and I eat after I've been to the gym so bonus for me!
    Thanks!
  • eva925
    eva925 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a great post! Thanks :) I typically get a workout in on my lunch hour but I think I may try to incorporate a couple of morning workouts if I can.
  • tritt86
    tritt86 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I used to workout in the morning before my pregnancy. I have to be at work by 6:30am. In order to get in a really good workout I need someone to watch my 15 month old. Most likely he would sleep until I wake him up anyhow, but of course I cannot leave him alone. It's hard to find someone that early in the morning. I would have to workout at 4am and be done by 5am to make it to work ontime. Any parents out there with suggestions?? Would love to work out in the mornings!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    While I'm completely on board with the first point, the second point has been debunked over and over and over again. Eating breakfast at any particular time doesn't "boost your metabolism." At any rate, the first meal of the day, no matter what time it falls technically breaks your fast, there's no arbitrary time stamp necessary to put on it. I do eat 2 meals by 11 every day, but that's because in the 5.5 or 6.5 hours between waking and 11 my body tells me him hungry twice.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    The other good things I find about early morning work outs is that a) it puts me in better mood and I hit the floor running when I get to work; b) its over and done with and I don't have to exercise again that day unless I want to and c) there are less people travelling into the City of London that early so I can get a seat on the tube and tend to avoid rush hour tube problems. Win - win for me.
  • Carolynhealey
    Carolynhealey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would have to workout at 4am and be done by 5am to make it to work ontime. Any parents out there with suggestions?? Would love to work out in the mornings!
    I have a 5 and a 3 year old and my 3 yr old is an early bird - usually up by 6am! I've got a Davina Mcall DVD which has got 3 different 30 minute workouts. If I plan to do one of these in the morning I'll set the DVD up ready the night before and get all my exercise clothes out ready so all I have to do in the morning is very quietly go downstairs, get changed and workout. Even if my 3 yr old gets up he quite happily sits there with his glass of milk and cars and plays whilst I'm exercising - and because it's only 30 mins long i've got time to do it before the mad rush to get everyone ready for school/pre-school. Hope that helps, and good luck :-)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    1) I'm lucky if i can put the same colour socks on first thing in the morning....let alone doing anything else.

2) Breakfast myth. Been disproven many, many times.

3) Why is this is the "introduce yourself" forum?
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    1) I'm lucky if i can put the same colour socks on first thing in the morning....let alone doing anything else.

YES!! agree with this!!