Question

Options
Why when I'm in the process of successfully losing weight, 0.5 or 1 pound per week, I feel so sick?
I can always tell when I'm losing because I feel so nauseous randomly through out the day.

Can it be the need of iron in my system?

Does this happen to anyone?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Have you had your iron checked?

And it would be too much iron that would make you feel sick.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Losing weight should make you feel *better.* I would talk to your doctor about this.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant? Are you eating enough calories?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough? Are eating back your exercise calories, oh and water , water, water!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

This is just a part of it! please read the link above