Recently started

Options
kdavc
kdavc Posts: 12 Member
Good Morning,

Just wanted to say hi and put my goals out there to help create some accountability. I have been actively using this site for 3 weeks and have lost a total of 3lbs...I have 21lbs to go to get to my goal. In high school and college I played sports (track and basketball in high school and tennis in college). I have a desk job and a second job so sometimes it is hard..but i don't want to give my self any excuses.

Recently I started jogging 2 miles, 3 times per week but am looking to add to my fitness routine....don't really want to spend money on a gym membership or boot camp classes right now...any suggestions?? Also if anyone has any running tips to help increase endurance and speed let me know.

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome!! u could do this. just take it one day at a time. you'll hav soome good days and bad days. don't beat yourself up if u fall off the wagon
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is great!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I would recommend resistance training of some sort. If you can't/don't want to get a gym membership, I would suggest looking up a complete bodyweight program you can do at home. It should suffice for a while anyways. Best to add resistance training to your fitness program if you care about your physique when you're done losing. If you just do cardio, you'll drop fat and lean mass, and you might not end up with the aesthetics you perceived when you started.
  • nikkiverdon
    Options
    If you're able to download them find some good bellydancing toning fitness videos. 30 minutes and you get a good cardio and core strengthening workout. My favourites are from a dancer named Rania. Good Luck!
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Have you tried C25K? I've heard that works pretty well! Also, try Jillian Michael's videos... they work pretty well too. Good luck on your journey!!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think you can find Level 1 and 2 of the 30 day shred online on utube .... it is good!