Sexy in Six Round 2- CALLING ALL YELLOW TEAM MEMBERS!

Options
Hello, Team Yellow!
I'm really glad to be a part of this group. I know some of you said you liked the little banner I made for my signature (it's a team yellow banner) so I wanted to give you all the code to add it to yours too! Solidarity, baby!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn309/sawgrasssmile/MyBannerMaker_Banner.jpg

**PLEASE NOTE- you MUST add the letters 'img' surrounded by [ ] to both the front and back of the code or else it won't display. I couldn't add it or else it just posted as a picture instead of text.**

Add that to your signature, save, and REPRESENT! Go Yellow- never give up, we've got this in the bag!

Replies

• jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Add that to your signature, save, and REPRESENT! Go Yellow- never give up, we've got this in the bag!

Thanks for the banner, I love it. Have a 2 PM appointment with torture. My personal trainer actually warned me we were going to pick it up a notch today. I wonder where the we comes in, cause if I remember rightly it was me that was sweating my *kitten* off last time. Have a great day ladies.
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did it!!!!!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Looking good, Yellow Ladies! (who wants to be pink anyway :wink: )
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    i love it!!!

Hope we all feel great tomorow- coz we the best!!!!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Hey awesome team members!!!

How have we done on mileage for the week? ( i have about 14, i will try do 4 more today)

Do we want to think of a team challenge for next week? any ideas?
  • jellybean1971
    Options
    I've done 14 miles so far, need to do 5 miles this afternoon (for another challenge I'm on). Love the idea of a team challenge, think we are going to kick butt this week.
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    I hadto estimate a lot but i think i'm between 16-18 miles. We ARE kicking butt, just in attitude! i'm really glad to meet people like you all! it's been great :) i think tomorrow should be an awesome day!
    i'll def start thinking about a smaller team challenge. I really like that idea too. Talk about challenge!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a team challenge! The mileage is a little too easy for me since I started spinning, but if we don't count that, then I'd be up for something like that. I currently run between 6-8 miles a week, depending on if I feel like going to the gym or not. :) And whether its raining. Are we thinking work-out challenge or nutrition/calorie challenge? Maybe to stay under sodium + exercise component. Just thinking about the areas that I have issues. :)

Great idea to start a yellow only thread!
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,
    I just found the thread so I'm excited!
    I want to apologize because I had a significant gain this week. That is so unlike me. It was a combination of getting thrown from a horse 2 weeks ago and just being cleared to start exercising today as well as the fact that it was my birthday weekend last weekend.
    SO Sorry, I will make sure and kick butt next week,
    Erica
  • ejb245
    Options
    No worries Erica! We all have those weeks. Just don't give up! :)
    Elizabeth
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Erica- next week is a new week. Glad you are feeling better :):)
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    good idea ejb245!! Maybe we can all throw out our problem areas or other ideas, and make those challenges for the week? Lets see how many ideas we have by sunday then we can decide on what to do with.

ejb245- (Nutrition)sodium intake (exercise) running/walking only- does spin so miles add up quick!

160poundgirl- (Nutrition) under calorie goal (exercise) running/walking only- does elliptical so miles add up quick!
  • jellybean1971
    Options
    Hope you feel better Erica from being thrown and we all have Birthday weekends so don't stress about it.
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    We all face challenges but we're getting right back on the horse (lol, Erica, no pun intended but that was a pretty good pun! :laugh: )
    Don't worry about a rough week. We've all been there! just keep your eyes on the prize. I'm still brainstorming for mini challeneges....i can't wait until the weigh-in is posted, i'm so excited to see how we all did!
  • ejb245
    Options
    I eat a lot of ready-to-eat food because I'm alone during the week (hubby comes home on the weekends) which always have too much sodium, even if they're lower in calories. Maybe a little challenge would be good to make me find ways to make things at home ahead of time, like packing breakfast and lunch for work, instead of shopping for the ready-to-eat items at the grocery store.
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello yellow ladies!

I just want to say - before we all get tooooo carried away on the team challenge - that though I promise to do my best , you will have this metaphorical/virtual 50 year old hobbling along behind you! I only managed 8/10 miles this week :( I was wondering if I could have some of your excess....now that's a thought!

I also want to thank you all for being so encouraging to me. In rather a similar way to be thrown off a horse, I am just getting over two very stressful weeks. By the skin of my teeth, I managed to keep logging, and whilst I kept on top of breakfast to lunch, dinner was harder - also, I drank too much red wine which is not a good way to relax, but there y ou go - grown up kids at home, dinner with friend with wine...and then tonight a party (last time I went to a party was 9 months ago btw!).

So, I gained 0.4 (REALLY SORRY) but I hearby declare I am back on track. As I said , thank you for your encouragement, it really has helped me! And , though she won't be reading this, I do have to thank Peanut for masterminding SIS!

And Team Yellow challenge - one idea, perhaps to do them at the weekend? I have space to exercise at the weekend, and cook properly.....and though I have never had a close encounter with spinning, elliptical dooberries etc, I will give anything a go!
  • jellybean1971
    Options
    Sorry Team Yellow but my exercise for this week just got shot out the window. . Just spent the last 11 hours in the Hospital ER, what a zoo that place can be on a Friday night. So I'll be hobbling along for a bit, ended up with 35 stitches in my foot. Hubby;s skill saw picked a fight with my foot and I think it won. On the good note I get to go shoe shopping. I guess my weightloss for next week will be from diet.
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    Sorry Team Yellow but my exercise for this week just got shot out the window. . Just spent the last 11 hours in the Hospital ER, what a zoo that place can be on a Friday night. So I'll be hobbling along for a bit, ended up with 35 stitches in my foot. Hubby;s skill saw picked a fight with my foot and I think it won. On the good note I get to go shoe shopping. I guess my weightloss for next week will be from diet.

NO APOLOGIES ALLOWED! You're doing your absolute best, right? I thought so. That is all anyone can ever ask so keep it up. Myabe do some simple stretching or yoga while your foot is healing to keep your body moving. Always listen to the doc of course.

As far as team goals- it can get to be too much quickly, if we're not careful. What if we each set a personal goal and check in on the weekends to see how we're doing? That way we can each work on something particularly important to us AND stay accountable through our awesome Team Yellow support! Thoughts?
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the banner, and I agree, we all just do our best, no apologizing!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey ladies . . . found the link and got the banner going. Excited to get this week started. Gonna shift my focus back to myself for a bit :) I have missed the gym and I think the sauna is calling my name after a work out :) It's the little things that make us happy, LOL