21, mom, student, full-time employee, girlfriend....wooo

Options
Hello there! I actually joined about a week ago, just haven't posted here, yet. My boyfriend and I are trying to get healthy together, and so far so good! I've had many failed attempts to lose weight since I had my child 18 months ago (it's a bit late to blame baby weight...I know, I know, lol) in which pregnancy I gained roughly 40 pounds, and have lost only 15. I have been eating healthy and walking 3-4 miles about 5 times a week. I work at a hospital 3 days, 12 hours a shift, out of the week, and go to school online. I have my hands full-but no more excuses! I want to look good enough to walk down the aisle in confidence (we both want to get in shape before getting engaged) and also have enough energy to be there 100% for my daughter.

My highest weight was 175, I am currently 159.5, my ultimate goal weight is 125. I am 5'2.

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard - You will find amazing people here who are very supportive.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    And incredibly annoying people who are no where near helpful at all (me representing one of them).

:drinker:
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and best of luck! Sounds like you have some great goals.
  • keyaniab
    Options
    yes u will find amazing people here! We have the same ultimate goal and I am also 5'2"
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Welcome on here and good luck with it. I hope it helps you reach your goal you sound really positive and ready to take it on. I also work at my local hospital 12 hour shifts are great arnt they lol. I know where your coming from :O)
  • mfpgeezy
    Options
    And incredibly annoying people who are no where near helpful at all (me representing one of them).

:drinker:

without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil somehow...

to op: welcome!
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    My mother did her degree when she was 40, a full time nurse & a mother. I have so much respect for people like you & her!
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My son is almost 7 and I still blame the baby weight. (I can't tho because I was already 200 lbs when I got pregnant, HAHA.) Good for you that you're getting healthy, and great that you have a great guy that's going to do it with you.

:happy:
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We have a similar goal and height :) I have an awesome support/challenge group as well if you're interested! Feel free to friend me!
  • whit1108
    Options
    welcome! Im a mother of two boys and wife. I work full time doing daycare in the house and going to school full time and also teach zumba twice a week. My life is VERY busy. There is never enough hours in the day. Good luck with everything.. You can do it !! Mfp is a GREAT website.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hiii! I'm 20, full-time student, part time employed, & engaged. 5'3 149 lbs at the moment. Yay for things (almost) in common! :) Hope you enjoy your time on MFP :)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,974 Member
    Options
    Hey, 18 months is not too long to blame the baby for your weight gain. I blame my daughter, and she is 28 (years that is), LOL. I wish I'd gotten my weight under control when she was 18 months. Good luck.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!!