Stewed Tomatoes??? HELP!!!

Options
Hello MFP Family! I need some help...I have 5 cans of Stewed Tomatoes that I have NO IDEA what to do with!

Someone PLEASE give me a recipe to make with these..Whatever you've got..I need some ideas!!! ANYTHING..side dish, main course, ANYTHING

Thank you in advance!!!! :heart: :heart:

Replies

• Robyn1733
    Options
    I'm making a dinner tonight using stweded tomatoes. It's called Ravioli Casserole, check it out on Pillsbury.com website (that's wereh I got It).
  • sandyberres
    Options
    Chicken chili w/ black beans. Yum!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    bolagnese? stews? on toast??

why do you have so many?
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I LOVE making italian sausage in the crockpot- adding chopped green peppers, onions and stewed tomatoes-
    you can swap turkey sausage ( italian ) for the pork.

Then freeze the leftovers for later in a ziplock bag.

Hey, whatever you fix..........CAN WE COME OVER FOR DINNER?????????:wink:
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/restaurant-style-salsa/ I think it should work to replace the whole tomatos with your stewed tomatoes. This is the BEST salsa I've ever had, and now that we started making our own, we will NEVER buy salsa again!!
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    try this recipe... Chicken with Stewed Tomatoes.... only 221 calories per serving. I make it and have with steamed broccoli on the side... Good luck!

http://www.familyoven.com/offsite?r_id=199842&u=http://www.recipezaar.com/144129
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Red pepper and tomato soup very healthy ...Throw 5 red and yellow peppers in the over chopped with 2 large chopped onions and roast till soft. heat 4 cans of tomatos in a large pan add garlic, chicken stock 1/2 pint and veg bullion. a big slug of worster sauce and black pepper. Add the softened veg and blitz with a hand blender my fave soup I take to work. I also use it as a pasta sauce with or with out chicken. I cant get enough of it. Split it and freeze it to use when your want it x
  • cockneypaul
    cockneypaul Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I always have loads of tinned tomatoes in the cupboard, you can make so much with them.

For a quick lunch I use a tin of tomatoes, some frozen veg, left over chicken, basil a little salt and pepper. split in 2 and freeze - take to work, Cook through in microwave, fantastic.
    Very filling lunch for very little calories and effort.

Paul
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 cans of tomatoes in my store cupboard lol x
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Here's another one... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tomato-bisque-i/detail.aspx. If you go to allrecipes.com you can type in your ingredient, and it gives you tons of ideas. Also, you can look at the rating on all the recipes to see what others have to say.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Round steak cut into strips, 1 package of Lipton onion soup mix ( beefy onion) can of stewed tomatoes toss in a crock pot and sprinkle pepper on it. Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 3-4. cit's so good. I usually have skinny mashed potatoes with it and put the juice on the potatoes as a gravy.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd make up a few jars of BBQ sauce. Here is a slow-cooker recipe, and the best part about making it from scratch is there is NO HFCS!!!! Try finding that at your national grocer!

I found this on a paleo (gasp!) website.

- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
    - 1 tablespoon cumin
    - 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
    - 1 tablespoon dried oregano
    - 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
    - 8 whole cloves garlic, smashed
    - 4 chipotle peppers
    - 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
    - 2 cups of FRESH squeezed orange juice
    - ~1-2 cups of beef broth

Pour it all into a slow cooker and set on high for 3-4 hours.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I make something like this eggplant rollup recipe but instead of chicken stock (yuck) i use a huge can of stewed tomatoes that i've turned into homemade marinara.
    http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/eggplant-rolls.aspx

otherwise, pizza sauce, salsa, marina. all are basically good on everything. :)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I use them in chili or chili-mac, tomato sauce for pasta, and soups.

For a basic chili-mac, start by cooking a chopped onion until it is soft. Add in a pound of ground meat (I usually use beef, but turkey works great too). When the meat has browned, add in some minced garlic and spices. (Cumin, paprika, and a bit of chili powder work great. Try 1 tsp of each and adjust to your taste.) Then add your can of stewed tomatoes, a small can (8 oz) of tomato sauce, and a can of beans (pinto or kidney work well). Add in one cup of elbow macaroni or other small pasta. Add about a cup of water. Then put the lid on the pan and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You may need to add salt and pepper depending on your taste and how salty your canned items were.
  • nani726
    nani726 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    rice and tomatoes!

boil in a bag brown rice and add tomatoes once cooked, it makes for a good healthy and easy side :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I second the pioneerwoman. salsa recipe. gonna make some soon. mmmmm been trying to find a replica of a local restaurant that I just can't match.. this might be it...
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    we make a stew and add tomatoes yummy. or you can mix them w macaroni and some tom sauce!