Weigh in tomorrow

Options
I have been doing this program going on my 5th week. Tomorrow is my weigh in. I am fortunate enough to have a doctor's office let me come in every Friday and weigh myself. I go at the same time and wear the same type clothes so the weigh in will be consistent. However, for the last 3 weeks I have only lost a half of a pound and the last two weigh ins I weight the same down to the ounce. I am not trying to loose a lot of weight all at once but was hoping for a least a pound a week. I have changed my eating habits drastically and was hoping for some progress. I started out on a 2000 calorie a day and reduced it 2 weeks ago to 1750 which is 1 1/2 pounds a week. My sister turned me on to this site and she has lost over 30 pounds.

I am open to any suggestions, ideas or comments. Please add me to your list of friends as I can use all the motivation and support that I can get. Thanks.

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Keep working at it. tough journey to be healthy as you can be.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Quick look at your diary...try adding fresh fruits and veggies. I didn't look at the water, if you aren't drinking enough try adding water also. Keep working at it, you will figure out the right combination for you! Good luck!! : )
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I know it is hard, Trust me I know, Im 3 weeks clean but try and cut out the diet cokes. Try and find something to replace them. You will see a change in you when you drink water. For me I had to find an alternative to coke and for me it was flavored carbonated water. it is the same thing but not near as bad a coke. try that.

O and if you can try and at least walk every night. It burns cals and helps you out. Pluss if you walk your dog it will help the dog also.
  • m_erira
    m_erira Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You have to develop a new relationship with the scale. I was kind of obsessed about the number on it... but I realized that scales are just part of the process.... during the last month my weight has fluctuated within the same range 3 pounds up and down... I didn't let the number discouraged me...I'm just thinking on the long run... a healthier life... just keep it up... and eventually when you stopped being so concern the numbers are going to come off....
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Make the calories you are eating count. Eat whole grain and fresh food. Try to avoid anything prepackaged. Drink a lot of water, especially as soon as you wake up. My brother drank a 1/2 ounce per pound he weighed per day. He has lost over 100 pounds. He did do some other things, but he swears by the water. Are you exercising?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Clothes will also make you weigh more... Even if you are wearing the same thing each time.

Also are you going to the bathroom before you weigh at the doc's or eating anything before you weigh at the docs? That will also play a part in the weight being off.
  • DWBoninJr
    Options
    I have had stomach problems for years and have problems with fruit and vegetables. I have made an effort to eat a little more than what I have in the past but it will take me a little time to add more to my diet. It is something I am aware of that I need to change.

My wife calls me a camel as I don't drink that much water. I have water at my desk, my tv chair and my bed so I am trying to drink more. Oddly enough I take a fluid pill each morning as my body has not kept up with moving water in my system.

I am on the treadmill every day. I have increased my time from 25 minutes to now 35 minutes.
  • DWBoninJr
    Options
    Did the weigh in and lost 3.2 pounds.