NSV- Ring? What ring?

Options
swordsmith
swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
So I went to the ren faire the other day and my wife asked me to wear my wedding ring (I rarely wear it as I am around heavy machinery, flight sensitive components, etc). She asked me to wear it as our rings are dragons- mine made out of green gold with ruby eyes and hers is red gold with emerald eyes. I have not worn my ring since Valentines Day this year which is about 6 weeks before I started MFP and my lifestyle change).

So I put it on and semi-notice that its not as tight as I remember it being. We get to the faire and I reach into the back of the SUV to get my sword belt, etc when I hear a clunk. My ring simply fell off my finger! The sucker slipped right off with no effort- just gravity! I put it back on, dropped my hand to my side, spread my fingers, and it again fell right off!

Looked at the wife and said "Sorry- I'm not wearing this until I get it resized as I am not losing this ring somewhere in a 16 acre faire". She was actually thrilled and pointed out that showed just how overweight I was when we got married.

So it looks like I'll be resizing that ring in the next couple of weeks!

Replies

• jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    Awesome - expensive, but awesome!!!!

Please post a pic of these rings, they sound excellent!
  • fat_tastic
    Options
    Sword belt. etc. don't know what that's all about but congrats on the weightloss ;o)
  • Shannoncore
    Options
    yeah i have that problem with my wedding ring and engagement ring. downside is my wedding ring is titanium so i cant have it resized i have to have a new one made for me :(
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sword belt. etc. don't know what that's all about but congrats on the weightloss ;o)

LOL- thank you! I am a renaissance faire addict (i.e. a "renny") - I typically dress as a pirate or a barbarian for faire (the wife is decked out as a pirate queen in a red and black leather dress...)
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV. Great job!
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You should probably wait to get it resized! Your fingers will get thinner yet! (Also, update your signature :-P)
  • Butrfli
    Butrfli Posts: 50
    Options
    That's awesome. Jewelry not fitting me is what finally convinced me in the first place that I needed to do something about it. Everything was tight and necklaces didn't even look good on me. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that you can have ring guards put on in the inside. It'll save you tons of money and it won't slip off. I wasn't sure how you were gonna approach the resizing thing. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!