Another newbie here

Options
Hi everyone

Where do I begin? Full time working mom of 2 (7 year old daughter and a not quite 2 year old son), struggling to keep it all together and maybe have 10 minutes to myself at night before I have to go to bed and do it all over again. :wink: Anyway, 4 years ago was diagnosed with Celiac disease...lost crazy amounts of weight to the point of scary. All while training to run my first 1/2 marathon (uh, no I was NOT tired from all that training...but from the severe lack of nutrients my body was absorbing. ha) After I got healthy, I gained back the weight, got pregnant with my son...gained THAT weight and have really struggled with motiviation to lose it/time to get back in the workout game, etc. Seems that as soon as I hit 40, my ability to just bounce back and forth with weight came to a grinding halt--with the scale only moving UP easily and down ever SO slowly. Booooo!

Anyway, got back to running a bit a few months ago and have done a few 5k's...my way of motivation for working out is having something to train for! So i get up at 5 to run and still not really losing. Now its time to get serious and start tracking. I have a fairly healthy diet --pretty much naturally low in carbs because of the gluten free lifestyle. Unfortunately I am a pre-dinner grazer and that is probably where I pack on my extra calories in a day --munching as I am making dinner. Need to find ways to control that.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all here!

kris

Replies

• cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool for me; hope it is for you too!
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome...Sounds like you have a full plate for sure.. There are allot of people on here that will help motivate and encourage you to do the right things, and boost your confidence when you hit a milestone, or a brick wall.... Good Luck :smile:
  • friesther
    friesther Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP,

Why those your story seem so familiar? I guess because all mothers go thru the same thing, (lack of time) and some how anxiety when we are home. Now you know what's broke, so lets fixed! Best of luck
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! I know what you mean about hitting the 40 mark! Gez, talk about a wake up call for weight gain! I'll be 42 this December and am hoping to be able to be at or at least really close to my goal weight. A mere 11 lbs away!!!!! Feel free to add me if you are looking for more MFP friends!!