NSV - Feels like a million bucks!!

Options
jessilyn76
jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
So I have been running for about 7 weeks now. I started the C25K plan at the end of August. Although I am 7 weeks in, I have had some knee and ankle problems, so on every run to this point, I have incorporated some walking. I run early in the morning (5:30 - 6) which is the only time I can seem to find in my busy schedule. I woke up this morning and it was raining out. I felt tired and thought maybe I should just go back to bed. I made myself do it though and set out on my run. I decided to slow my pace a bit, to see if it made a difference for me, and low and behold, it did!!! Not only did I walk less than usual, I didn't walk at all. I ran my entire 2.34 mile route!!!! This was the first time and I feel amazing. Now don't get me wrong, I was certainly no speed demon, I ran at 11:41 mile pace, but I ran and I finished!!!!

Saturday I will be running in my first 5K. I had friends who were also going to do it, but are now unable. Even though I will be on my own, I wouldn't miss it for the world.........and now I know that I can run the whole thing with confidence in myself!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

Replies

• allsewnup13
    Options
    awesome!!! what changes have you noticed since you started? right now i'm only on week 2 but it seems like the key for me has been stamina over speed. great job though! keep it up!!!!
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was never a runner, even when I was in tip-top shape, but I started to run recently and I know how big these NSV's are! :) Keep up the good work!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I think that one of my issues through the last 7 weeks was that I was trying to run too fast. I wanted to make sure to get under a 10 minute mile. I really thought that my stamina was lacking, but it wasn't. Once I slowed down, there it was. It was like a lightbulb moment for me!

I've certianly seen a lot of changes in my body, as well. Though I've only lost about 11 pounds, I've lost a lot of inches!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!