shoe store for evaluation???

Options
Who do you suggest I go to for an evaluation of my gait and pronation and fitting for the right pair of running shoes? Is there a chain store I should go to or podiatrist? I live in upstate NY. Thanks

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would google for Running shoe stores, or something like that in your area. I went to Fleet Feet, but not sure if it's nation wide.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Go to a Running shoe store - I wouldn't recommend going to a big box chain. The running store might be a smaller, local chain - but find somewhere that specializes in running. Hopefully someone in your area will can recommend a place, or head on over to Google and search for a running store in your area!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Google a running store. I wear a neutral and if you wear a neutral, I would recommend the brand "Brooks". They are AWESOME and a LOT of marathon runners wear Brooks. Also, check out http://www.runnersworld.com for shoe articles.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Where in upstate NY?

I've been pleased with the fittings I've gotten (and seen my GF get) at fleet feet.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on this blog. Do not go to a box store to be evaluated. You can eventually buy your shoes from Sports Authority for example. But if you have never been evaluated, I would have a true running shoe store check you out. These people are generally runners themselves and know exactly what you need. Their product is generally expensive, so thats why I say go somewhere else to buy. Good luck, and welcome to the running world! Myself, I like Under Armor, but that is a personal preference!