new to my fitness pal

My name is Rachael and i am 27. I decided i wanted to loose weight when I started having problems mounting my horse from the ground. Horses are my 1 joy in life and i struggled daily through the chores of caring for them and even riding them. As a second incentive my boy friend proposed and we are wanting to get married next year and I of course want to look perfect for that special day! I am very short (4'8) and small boned and weighed around 100- 110 all my life until recently when i got on some antidepressants after several people in my life passed away. In the last couple years i have packed on 50 lbs while taking them and now am desperate to loose it. To make maters more complicated I have chronic severe asthma which makes exercise more of a challenge and the access weight isn't helping the asthma ether. I think my main problem is i don't eat enough. I struggle hard o get my 1200 calories i for the day and i am eating almost double what i am used to after starting this. I have never been a food motivated person and sometimes just forget to eat altogether. I happened upon the app for this website on my phone and decided to give it a try and am thrilled with it! In 3 days I have already lost 4 ponds! I hope I can keep this up although no matter how hard i try i am still finishing each day 200- 400 calories under my goal.

Replies

• vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Hi and Welcome from another horsey girl :smile:

This place is fantastic and I am sure you will be an addict :smile:

Good luck in reaching your goal, we are all here to help you along the way :smile:

Congrats on the forthcoming wedding, what a great insentive to keep you going
    :happy:
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Today is a new day ! I wish you the best in attaining your goals!! Your gonna do great!
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Congrats on the 4# loss way to go! I love horses too but am allergic believe it or not. Also, double congrats on your upcoming wedding you can certainly lose the weight if you stay dedicated & motivated! Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish and good luck with your life style change.

:happy:
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Hi,
    If you feel like some help and motivation ,I am here to do the need full. :flowerforyou:
    You have taken the first step to improving your health and weight and that is fantastic. Just put your mind to it and you will achieve your goal!! Feel free to add me.
  • msthampton
    msthampton Posts: 5 Member
    Welcome Rachael. Glad to know you're making an effort to become healthier you!!! Congratulations on your engagement as well.
    In regards to eating the suggested calorie intake for a day you may want to try small portions throughout the day - small snacks in between meals (fruits and vegetables are always good selections and mixed nuts are a good source of protein and fiber).
    Hope this little tip helps.

Wishing you the best.
    God bless
  • Congrats on your upcoming wedding Rachael! Also, congrats on taking a step to better yourself--FOR yourself. Good for you! I recently found MFP as well and am loving it. I have lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks, which I'm definitely proud of. I work hard for it, but that's ok. I need to do this for me as well. My only advice to you (after getting used to MFP) is to make sure you EAT! Consume your 1200 calories per day so that when you go to burn them off, your body doesn't take from muscle, it takes from fat. Too few calories will make your body think that you're starving... not good. If you keep up on the food you eat, then you will definitely continue to lose weight consistently... it may come off slow, but that's ok (mine comes off at between 2-3 lbs per week). I wish you the best of luck!

On a side note... @vinnysgirl... where did you get the cute banner that shows your goal? I'd love to have that as a solid reminder for myself!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Congrats on your wedding! How exciting! You will get so much support and encouragment on here, Its just awesome