1 week today and my first weigh in

Options
So today has been one week on here and really truely excercising and rejournaling (for those who dont know i used to keep a food journal last year and well ten months in messed up writintg and stopped) so i weighed myself in just now which i am only doing once a week and i lost. :noway: i should be happy i lost right but i worked so hard and its so little that it makes me think can i really do it for jun 1.:devil: Dont get me wrong i am happy i lost i earned that 2 pound loss and i know girls lose slower and less weight then men (although it would be nice for someone to explain that one to me) :huh: So why am i dissapointed i mean i am not stupid i know this will take time...this by the way is why i am only weighing myself in once a week :bigsmile: :sad:

Replies

• pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    So today has been one week on here and really truely excercising and rejournaling (for those who dont know i used to keep a food journal last year and well ten months in messed up writintg and stopped) so i weighed myself in just now which i am only doing once a week and i lost. :noway: i should be happy i lost right but i worked so hard and its so little that it makes me think can i really do it for jun 1.:devil: Dont get me wrong i am happy i lost i earned that 2 pound loss and i know girls lose slower and less weight then men (although it would be nice for someone to explain that one to me) :huh: So why am i dissapointed i mean i am not stupid i know this will take time...this by the way is why i am only weighing myself in once a week :bigsmile: :sad:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, this is how much you are supposed to lose a week. Its the healthy way. Once all those 2 pounds add up in a couple months you will be SOOOOOOOOOO excited. Don't get discouraged week one!!!! :heart:
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    i know what you mean i have been doing this for 2 weeks and i still have not lost more than a couple pounds. i also feel like i am not loosing enough weight. i am not going to give up though neither should you. how much weight are you trying to loose?
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: it will come off trust me be patient i kno its hard i have been at it for 20 days and have lost 7 pounds at first i wasbummed now im good with it cause it is happeniing...good luck it will work:blushing:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    You have to celebrate each pound lost!

Just think about it though. If you continue to lose 2 pounds a week, you will lose 8 pounds a month!!! That's huge!! Just think how much better you will feel with that much weight loss! :drinker:

Another friend told me too when i was getting discouraged is that it didn't take you 1 month to gain that weight. Boy I wish I would have listened back then!

And isn't it much better that you lost that weight than to put that weight on?? I am done with my first week too and it's only going to get better!

CELEBRATE WOMAN, YOU JUST LOST WEIGHT!!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If you expect too much, you will invariably be disappointed. Lower your expectations, rearrange your goals so that you can meet them, or the constant disappointment will sabotage your effort.
    Slow and steady wins the race.
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    thank you all this is the difference between my other dieting attemts the support from all of you i need that thats going to be the difference this time around i can feel it.

ONAMISSION thank you yes we can do this. I am aiming for 60 pounds give or take. see the thing is i never used to weigh myself its more about how i look and how my clothing fits. I want to look and feel healthy (flat stomache toned arms etc) but im weighing myself this time to keep track of my loss i think if i see it in numbers then that also will make the difference.

Russia my goal a week is small its one two pounds so i met my goal but im human when u work so hard excercising and watching what is put in your mouth you know you hope for a surprise slow and steady you are right BE THE TURTLE :bigsmile:

You have to celebrate each pound lost!

Just think about it though. If you continue to lose 2 pounds a week, you will lose 8 pounds a month!!! That's huge!! Just think how much better you will feel with that much weight loss! :drinker:

Another friend told me too when i was getting discouraged is that it didn't take you 1 month to gain that weight. Boy I wish I would have listened back then!

And isn't it much better that you lost that weight than to put that weight on?? I am done with my first week too and it's only going to get better!

CELEBRATE WOMAN, YOU JUST LOST WEIGHT!!!!

You are so right and so is your friend it took me a long time to put the weight it was on and off for years (i eat when im depressed or stressed why cant i have that opposite thing were u arent hugnry :laugh: when u say isnt it much better that i lost then gained omg i didnt even think that :smooched: boy why cant i go there first lol now i am thanks to you plus its two pounds off my body that i wont ever let be put back there.

I EMBRACE THE TWO POUNDS AND CELEBRATE MY LOSS :drinker:

:love: THANK YOU ALL i need this this support and motivation this will be the key for me :love: