Need Motivation

Options
I've been working so hard to stay at a reasonable weight. I was doing so incredibly well this past year and lost 10lbs. That is a big deal for me. Unfortunately, I gained most of that weight back in only a month! I am so discouraged right now...I've been stressed at work and I've been depressed overall. I haven't been taking care of my body like I should, but I haven't been eating much worse than I was when I was doing so well. I guess hormones and mental fluctuations in my life have made me just jump up in weight. I wish it were easier for those of us who try so hard, especially when we go through mental stress...give us a break, dammit!

Replies

• melissalemieux
    melissalemieux Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah..i quit today too!
  • Tantrisis
    Options
    I have been gong up and down 10 pounds for as long as I can remember, I feel great I buy new clothes because I am down a dress size or two then bingo bango I get back into my old rounteen and before I know it those 10 pounds have found there way back and one or two more just for good measure.
    Mind you it took me over a year to get back to square 1 so 10 pounds in one month is alot, have you had your thyroid checked? The sympoms for that are depression, water retention, dry skin, loss of hair more than 200 a day.
    It's not easy to stay on a balanced healthy food schedule especialy when the grocery stores are full of junk foods that are less expensive than the fresh produce.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I've been working so hard to stay at a reasonable weight. I was doing so incredibly well this past year and lost 10lbs. That is a big deal for me. Unfortunately, I gained most of that weight back in only a month! I am so discouraged right now...I've been stressed at work and I've been depressed overall. I haven't been taking care of my body like I should, but I haven't been eating much worse than I was when I was doing so well. I guess hormones and mental fluctuations in my life have made me just jump up in weight. I wish it were easier for those of us who try so hard, especially when we go through mental stress...give us a break, dammit!
    I gained most of that weight back in only a month! I am so discouraged right now...I've been stressed at work and I've been depressed overall. I haven't been taking care of my body like I should, but I haven't been eating much worse than I was when I was doing so well. I guess hormones and mental fluctuations in my life have made me just jump up in weight.
    I haven't been taking care of my body like I should, but I haven't been eating much worse than I was when I was doing so well. I guess hormones and mental fluctuations in my life have made me just jump up in weight.
    I haven't been taking care of my body like I should, but I haven't been eating much worse than I was when I was doing so well.
    I haven't been taking care of my body.
  • rimandro
    rimandro Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hormones indirectly contribute to weight gain. Hormones do not directly affect weight gain by taking nothing and turning it into weight. That 'nothing' is extra calories you are eating. There is a big perception that you think you are eating the same or healthy like you did when you were a lower weight but you are actually eating more. Even if you are eating healthy foods, if you are eating more if it, you will gain the weight back. My only suggestion and the one that is the best solution for you is to count your calories. That is what MFP is for. Once you count your calories you will realize you are eating more than you should for the weight you want to be it. Trust me, limit yourself to 1500 calories a day, get back to working out, and you will lose the weight very quickly.