question??

Options
I am wanting Hormel Chili with crackers for lunch.

I love this chili but I don 't eat the meat, just beans and soup.

How can I record that? Cause I know it would be considerably less with out the beef.

I've tried the vegetarian chili but it's just not as good.. I guess cause I am getting the flavor of the beef in there.. Any suggestions? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I am wanting Hormel Chili with crackers for lunch.

I love this chili but I don 't eat the meat, just beans and soup.

How can I record that? Cause I know it would be considerably less with out the beef.

I've tried the vegetarian chili but it's just not as good.. I guess cause I am getting the flavor of the beef in there.. Any suggestions? :flowerforyou:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    You could look up the calories for ground beef(or whatever form of beef it is) and then subtract it from the Hormel chili...? That could work.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    When I do something like this (because I'm not a big fan of ground beef), I put in that I ate 60% - 75% of the serving size, depending on how much meat I'm leaving on the plate. Not an exact science by any means, but serves the purpose of lightening the caloric load a bit.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    You could estimate the calories by using 1 gram protein = 4 calories and 1 gram fat = 9 calories. I would guess most of the protein and fat is from the beef so you could multiply the grams number of grams by the calories and maybe estimate 80% of the protein and fat is from the beef that you are not eating. Just a suggestion to get a rough estimate.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Wow, that's complicated. Going to use all of this to get a roundabout number..

Thanks! :flowerforyou: