Cameras, they have timers - a rant

darklord48
darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
Please learn to use the timer on your camera so you don't have to take pictures in a mirror. It's very easy to set a camera on a counter, set the timer and get into frame. The pics turn out much better that way.

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Then you can't do those creative angle shots that hide your size.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Hehehehehe. I have had this rant before :)

YES - Even your crappy cell phone camera probably has a timer.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    While you are at it, please try to tidy up the room behind you...just saying...
  • ToddFo
    ToddFo Posts: 33 Member
    Any tips for the masses on how you mount a cell phone on a tripod or stand it on edge?
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member

THANK YOU - total pet peave of mine!!!!!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Ok.

Anything else you want?
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    As a photographer, this mildly annoys me. I see your point, but really-- When you're holding the camera, you have ease to re-check and re-shoot the shot until you get what you wanted without having to set timer, get into place, hold still, and then check it-- and hope you're in focus. And if it's not what you wanted you have to do the whole process all over again.

Self-timers are a beautiful thing, agreed, but for the purpose that most people are using their cameras for, a one-handed 'myspace angle' or mirror shot work just fine. People aren't typically looking for a portrait, they want a quick shot.

Although, my pet peeve with this is people who use flash with the mirror shot so that I guess they think it looks creative or artsy? It just bugs the hell out of me, you're washing out half the picture.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member

lol...i might be weird but i love it when theres lots going on in the background! I look for clues about what people have going on in their worlds....does that make me weird? mayhaps!
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Any tips for the masses on how you mount a cell phone on a tripod or stand it on edge?

This is just one fun one I've seen :flowerforyou:

http://funniestgadgets.com/2011/05/09/istuck-chewing-gum-iphone-stand/
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Camera timers are the most horrible thing in existence!!!!! You can never get the lighting, or angle right and you have no idea how you are gonna look...The mirror works way better :)
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Also, cell phones don't come with tripod mounts. I'm not about to rig my phone on it's side on some random surface, generally a few feet off the floor. so I can get a non-mirror shot to appease persnickety people. ;)
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260

This! and my cellphone does NOT have a timer.
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member

This! YES, I comment to myself all the time about that.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Please flush the toiliet before taking the pic.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Please learn to use the timer on your camera so you don't have to take pictures in a mirror. It's very easy to set a camera on a counter, set the timer and get into frame. The pics turn out much better that way.

Says the chess piece. :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    U mad that I'm stylin' on you?

n500843481_1709394_1880840.jpg
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    sorry, i'm guilty of this crime LOL
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    U mad that I'm stylin' on you?

n500843481_1709394_1880840.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Please flush the toiliet before taking the pic.

What!?! No! Has someone done a pic with a full bowl in it!?! Ack!