No Sugar/Low Sugar Snacks/Breakfast/Lunch/Dinners

Can anyone recommend low sugar or no sugar added foods/snacks and/or breakfast/lunch or dinner? My trainer told me that if I get rid of sugar in my diet or consume very light sugar in my diet that my body will see huge changes due to living a semi-clean/clean lifestyle . Thanks!

Replies

• Try googling low carb recipes. They are no/low sugar. :smile:
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Sub sugar for stevia, it's an all natural sweetener and really good!

I eat plain oats + stevia + pumpkin puree + cinnamon
    Greek yogurt + stevia + blueberries
    Power Crunch protein bars and Promax LS protein bars are both sweetened with stevia.
    I use it in my coffee too
    I also use almond milk instead of cows milk as it has less sugar, but the downside is that it also has a lot less protein

Ok, now the sweets are out of the way :)

Lunches and dinners just stay away from starches. Eat leafy greens and lots of protein, use salsa as a salad dressing.
    Beans, avocado, eggs, meats, cheese etc should all be great to lower sugar and stay healthy!

Good luck :-D

Don't stress too much and eat a piece of fruit now and again ;)
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    I like to make my own trailmix, that allows me to choose the nuts/cereal/dried fruits I use, and thus I can check how much added sugar (if any) they have. Low fat dairy is another great option. Basically, make your meals from scratch instead of buying processed food (yay for fresh produce!)
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    I love to Snack on:
    - Almonds
    - Air-popped Popcorn - this way you control what goes on it.
    - A low Sugar/Sugar Free Whey Protein Mix with just water - keeps you nice and full and you get a glass of water in too!
    - Cheese & Crackers - I prefer Triscuits low sodium

Just watch out for Fruits and Veggies - LOTS of them have a HIGH sugar content. I try and eat ones with less sugar when I can.

Ive also gone to using less sauces in my dinner cooking, and using more spices to flavor.
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    I eat low carb and therefore it is no/low sugar- It has made a huge difference for me

Feel free to look through my food diary.

Breakfasts- cottage cheese, eggs, nuts, whey shakes,
    Snacks- nuts, cheese on occasion, tuna, hard boiled eggs, ricotta cheese
    Lunch- salads with chicken, steak, feta, olives,
    veggies veggies veggies.
    Dinner is a protein and usually kale or a green veg.