Breast Cancer Acknowledgment!! Survivors and Fallen...

Options
It's October and National Breast Cancer Awarness month. I just want to acknowledge those who are SURVIVORS and also acknowledge those who were lost in the battle.

SO BIG SHOUT OUT TO YOU!!!!!

I take it to heart because it run's in my family (my mom's side ). My Grandmother, Great Aunt, and Aunt, are all survivors. I did however have a very close cousin who died at 24 from it (RIP Shawnee). Her mom is a survivors. So remember to do your self exams ladies. And get your regular mammograms!! It's very important!

Best wishes to all in the fight!

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thank you for this post!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am a almost 6 year survivor!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My mum has stage 4 bowel cancer. It doesn't have its own awareness month, but god knows I know what it's like to watch someone you love suffer through this bloody awful disease. And to you survivors: you are truly awesome. Lots of love to everyone who is struggling through this, supporting someone who is, or has lost someone they love. My heart goes out to you.
  • bnigh001
    Options
    Thank you!! My mom will be finishing radiation next Tuesday. It has been one heck of a year, I'll tell you that! But everyday she gets stronger and keeps on fighting!

Save the Ta-Ta's!! (:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I do Relay for Life for all who have been touched.

This coming year my goal is to raise $1000. for the research for cancer.

My heart goes out to all who have or had
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    My mum has stage 4 bowel cancer. It doesn't have its own awareness month, but god knows I know what it's like to watch someone you love suffer through this bloody awful disease. And to you survivors: you are truly awesome. Lots of love to everyone who is struggling through this, supporting someone who is, or has lost someone they love. My heart goes out to you.

Cancer is a terrible disease!! Prayers for your mom and family...:flowerforyou:
  • queen_ofjacks
    Options
    THANK YOU for this post! cancer is something that runs in my family, and my great-grandma passed away from breast cancer complications when i was younger, and my mom and grandma just passed their exams with clean bills of health! having lost my paternal grandparents to cancer, however, i know how hard it is to watch someone you love struggle with this disease. my prayers and thoughts go out to all who are fighting, have fought, or are loved ones of those affected <3
  • lissavlog
    Options
    my grandmother died from metastatic breast cancer long before i was born. my mother is a 10 year breast cancer survivor! we celebrated this summer w/ the whole family.
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Thanks! I am a almost 6 year survivor!!

AWESOME NEWS! CONGRATS and HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY, HUN!!!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    my grandmother died from metastatic breast cancer long before i was born. my mother is a 10 year breast cancer survivor! we celebrated this summer w/ the whole family.

Awesome!
    My fam celebrates my cousin Bday every year in remberance of her. She would have been 34 this year. :brokenheart:
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    It's October and National Breast Cancer Awareness month. I just want to acknowledge those who are SURVIVORS and also acknowledge those who were lost in the battle.

SO BIG SHOUT OUT TO YOU!!!!!

I take it to heart because it run's in my family (my mom's side ). My Grandmother, Great Aunt, and Aunt, are all survivors. I did however have a very close cousin who died at 24 from it (RIP Shawnee). Her mom is a survivors. So remember to do your self exams ladies. And get your regular mammograms!! It's very important!

Best wishes to all in the fight!
    I second all of this! Thank you for posting this. It runs in my family as well & I have friends who have lost family members because of this vicious disease. My heart goes out to all!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    5 1/2 year survivor here
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Co-survivor to a 3 1/2 year breast cancer survivor diagnosed at 33 yrs old with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma............... 1 month after our youngest turned 1 and our twins were 2!