Brand Spankin New

binah55
binah55 Posts: 2
edited October 3 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm new to using "MyFitnessPal". I initially started using it to track my calories and calories burned...but I like supportive forums! :) yay.

I am 21, 133lbs, 5'4", and not unhappy with my weight, actually quite comfortable, but my "perfect" weight is 125lbs...and that's what I'm working at. I managed to reach 125lbs, and maintain it all summer...but once I could start wearing pants and sweaters again, I lost all modivation to keep exercising and eating well. I find it hardest to lose those last 5lbs...and for me it's a matter of eating better.

I exercise regularly...I try to exercise 5 times a week, but usually end up doing it about 3-4. I like to do workout dvds at home. I do go to one class called "body blend" it's an advanced pilates/yoga based strength class for all ages. I have 2 large dogs that I walk everyday, and I like to incorporate them into my fitness routine. I enjoy all types of exercise including Yoga, Pilates(but not my fav), aerobics, step, running/walking (the dogs), and I luv luv luv Jillian Michaels...I have all her workout dvds, oh and Kathy Smith, and Shiva Rae yoga dvds.

I hope to meet some people here that can help motivate me, and perhaps teach me how to cook healthy! (I HATE cooking!)

Replies

• I've recently found this app...I'm thankful for something to help me be accountable, even if only to myself :)
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    I've become the master of lazy and healthy cooking over the past year or so. If you need advice, just let me know.
  • I am in the same boat, only I'm older. Once that cold weather rolls around, and then holiday dinners, it's easy to pack it on. Just keep yourself motivated with those DVDs at home, and when it comes to cooking healthier, don't think too extreme. It's really easy. For example, make something easy like fajitas. Get a green pepper, red pepper and some chicken breast. Add just a little salt, a little pepper, a little cayenne, cook it up. Grab some whole wheat tortillas, a little salsa, and just a little cheese (that is if you really even need the cheese). It's seriously easy, just for starters! Hope you find this helpful!
This discussion has been closed.