weigh in?

Options
i was just wondering how often i should weigh myself?

Replies

• justme84x
    Options
    I have chose to weigh myself every 3 weeks. I am nowhere near my goal weight and I want it to be more about my health now than a number on a scale :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in once a week.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    I have chose to weigh myself every 3 weeks. I am nowhere near my goal weight and I want it to be more about my health now than a number on a scale :)

APPLAUDING, WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Once a week...early morning..after bathroom break..hehe..before anything is consumed..around the same time each week.
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    twice a day.....?
  • r0gu3
    r0gu3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday, but i only *count* the end weight for that week. I find it interesting to see how it fluctuates during the week and settles :P
    call me weird.
    For some ppl weighing yourself everyday can be frustrating, if you find this is the case, avoid the scale for a solid week or two. Focus on how your clothes feel and how much farther you are getting in your workouts. That is the real sign of progress there.
    Good Luck!
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the same time of day and same conditions (i.e. after you eat, before you eat, when you first get up, or just before you go to bed).
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning after i go to the bathroom, but i only log it on sundays.
    helps keep me on track
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    They say once a week... month if you can go that long.

But I weight 3-4 times a day :noway:
  • TerrisTime
    Options
    I really like your attitude and feel like 3-4 week weigh in would allow me to concentrate on learning/ changing habits instead of stressing over the scales :) Thank you
  • Armanismomma
    Armanismomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's best to weigh in, once a week and first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and naked. Best of Luck on your journey to a new healthy you!!!!
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do every monday morning after I get up and take my meds (no water) and go to the restroom.

Then I weigh myself.

Occasionally I'll do it on Thursday's too just to see how i'm doing.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Stupid double post >.>
  • kdruga
    kdruga Posts: 35
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but only update MFP on Mondays. Like most people have said, I weigh myself after I use the bathroom when I get up :smile:
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's kind of one of those things you have to decide for yourself. What will keep you motivated? What works for one of us, may not work for you. I asked the same question when I started here.

Here's what finally worked for me:

First off....I don't do none of that ".8 lbs" lost" stuff. Weight fluctuates daily...I work only with straight up lbs.

I started the "once a week' thing. Monday was in my weigh day. Not a day I recommend. Weekends...ugh.
    I shifted to Tuesdays (or another day don't remember)...kicked it hard, but on "weigh day"...gained.

I got frustrated. In part because I didn't understand my body and how it was going to react to what I was doing. Weight fluctuates daily, and can fluctuate alot. And I measure, because not all stories are told via the scale.

So now? I weigh myself every am and log it on the "simple weight" app on my phone. I see how my weight fluctuates daily and I'm learning to accept that. For weigh ins? That's easy! When I have a loss THAT STAYS for like 3 days....I log it. And no, I don't log every few days. My weight fluctuates enough that it takes about 7-10 days naturally for my body to show the loss consistently. I love doing it this way. I focus on each day with my food instead of focusing on the number on "weigh day".

This week was a good example. I haven't lost for a bout 2 weeks. Been about the same, give or take a .5-.75 lb. The other day, I weighed consistently 2 lbs lower. I weighed the next am...I was down 3 lbs. However, I only counted the 2 because I knew fairly sure they were there to stay. Now 4 days later, I've been weighing the other lb down after a couple days of fluctuations. I may give it a day or two and then I'll log it.

I have some friends that weigh every day and log it at MFP. I couldn't do this. I have one friend that has all these "losses"...then I realized that her weight "lost" was lower than one day. That would frustrate me. My lbs lost are lbs that aren't coming back!

Keep in mind: A lot of factors are in play when it comes to weight. Water, sodium, stress, etc. When you see a gain of 1 lb...don't freak out!! To gain a lb...you have to have a calorie overage of 3,500 calories. UNLIKELY!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I *TELL* my self i will do it once a week, but usually every or every other day

right now i am hoping to catch my self at exacty 200 so i can weigh the dogs and figure the amount out easy