My first cell: Any Canadians w/ Telus??

Options
heathersmilez
heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
I am looking to buy 2 Iphones our very first cell phones b/c I’ve protested for so many years (yes we are professional yuppies so it’s about time we get out of the dark ages). We'll probably the IponeS which comes out tomorrow since Siri is neat but the Ipone 4 for $49 is tempting...

Anyway, I’ve compared all the plans for Iphone contracted carriers (Rogers, Virgin, Telus and Koodo – surprisingly the worst at $10-20 higher than the competitor monthly, weird!) and Telus is the best within millimetres of Rogers but Telus seems like such a small market in Canada, I’m worried about their wireless quality and coverage. They told me they use the same waves as Bell and Bell is supposed to be #1 in cell coverage.

What have been your experiences?

Thank you!

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    honestly...they all screw you around. they all SUCK!

having said that, I have Rogers and like it a lot. No dropped calls and very good reception.

I had telus before and dropped calls all the time. however, it could have been the $hitty phone I had too.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    honestly...they all screw you around. they all SUCK!

having said that, I have Rogers and like it a lot. No dropped calls and very good reception.

I had telus before and dropped calls all the time. however, it could have been the $hitty phone I had too.

This..

Telus in Sask only works in certain spots annd drops calls like crazy. I have never used anything but Sasktel but my brother had Telus when he first moved back from Alberta and he would walk from one room to another and would drop calls.

I don't know too much about the others I have heard fairly good things about Rogers though.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!