Craving Garbage Food?

Options
How far along are you in your training? Do you still have days where you crave junk food, dirty food, or anything that can stunt your progress?

The reason I am asking is I thought I was past this. Been eating clean for over 2 months and training hard. I see real results in the mirror, scale, measurements and BMI. Last night I was totally craving junk. Nothing in particular, just craving something sweet. I wasn't even hungry, but my tongue and taste buds were going crazy, screaming for sugar. This ever happen to you?

Replies

• kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    omg!!! like crazy
  • Maryvel_chan
    Options
    If you're a girl this will happen to you once a month... ;D
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This still happens to me once in awhile. I started eating healthier in Jan 2009. If I crave chocolate I have a 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzel snack. But I fall off the wagon sometimes; I think we all do. Just get right back on it!

It's okay that you were craving something sweet and it's even okay if you ate something sweet. Don't deprive yourself or you will end up craving it even more...at least that's what happens to me!
  • sgibney78
    Options
    Yes, often. I’ve just gotten back on the band wagon after five years of carefree living and eating. Prior to that I was a clean eating/three times a day gym addict and boy can I tell the difference now. I find that the weight watchers smart ones are good. It’s only 170 calories, it’s a premeasured portion so you don’t go over board. I also recommend ¼ cup strawberries with a sugar free chocolate pudding cup. I think all in all it comes in less than 100 calories.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Totally normal to have.

I started @ 206. I am 178 (177 tomorrow) and I crave tehm alot. There comfort foods.
    Saturday I will have a half of box of cookie crisp. IF you want it have it. Calculate it and chalk it up as a timed cheat.

when overweight and in the 20-30% BF I suggest against it but if your below 20 then you should once and awhile make yourself happy. IT is what it is man. Enjoy life. We must be passed the 3 month binders

Also I find when I plan for the cheat and then execute some type of plan to get to that cheat I am very very satisfied. Better then collapsing in front of the fridge from over dosing on CHOC CAKE AND MILK!

Plan for the cheat. Acrew CAls for the Cheat

AND THEN CHEAT!! ITS HEALTHY
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If you're a girl this will happen to you once a month... ;D

And if you were pre-menopausal, sometimes 3, 4 or 30 times a month :p
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i have my sweet snack, I just make it myself to fit into my daily allowance. Chocolate is my friend.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    It happens. Usually I'll find a substitute that is less calories/healthier that will satisfy the craving. Sometimes I give in, and enjoy it.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Cut 100 cals from your daily caloric intake. 6 days -100=600 cals
    Spend those cals on what you wish. Plus it will make your body go whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Make sure its alot of carbs so you can power through mondays workout. Might be your best one yet!
  • jemmott223
    jemmott223 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yup, It happens to me from time to time. I get cravings for my old nemesis like Bryers vanilla ice cream, chocolate anything, honey barbeque potato chips, fast food etc. If it gets unbearable I allow myself to have just one serving. Not a bowl of ice cream but a half cup. I eat it slow and enjoy it. Then it's back to the healthy routine!
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This happens to me alot im not hungry but i crave something sweet but recently i discovered Quakes the apples and cinammon ones i love they satisfy my sugar craving and are 120 calories a serving I usually fit them in as my snack
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I started eating better on 8.31, and I crave certain things, but not many of my old standby junk foods. It's easier for me because along w/healthy eating I decided to give up meat--so no McD's, none of that stuff for me. Also, I researched lots of stuff I'd been eating. ie: I'd think nothing of grabbing a bag of spice drops (the 99 cent bag at CVS), and eating it after dinner. Then I realized the bag had 780 calories! I would have never guessed that since they are just little gum drops! Anyway, that was the end of most of my candy habit.

Another huge one for me was pizza. I had it a couple weeks ago, and the slice was SO greasy it was folding up in my hand and that kinda nauseated me. Tried it once again this weekend and it was ok while I was eating, but then afterwards I just felt gross.

The one thing I could still eat daily is Dunkin Donuts bagels! Love them, but they are pretty caloric and tons of sodium/carbs. I have one now maybe once a week, and just fit it into my day. I also love munchkins :) But, for the most part, I have no desire at all to eat crap food anymore.
  • sallyv22
    Options
    I found this yesterday. I dont know if it works, but I planned on testing it....

http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, yesterday i was craving soda/junk food but instead i had some strawberry yogurt, it did the trick!
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I guess food can really be an addiction. :/ I wasnt hungry, I had already eaten my cal for the day, but I was going nuts :frown: