Raising calorie intake..assistance needed lol!!

Options
Ok, here's the thing...Give it to me straight! I can take it!

I am working out and killing it at the calories burned..I am needing to "up" my calories...and I need help in this..as I am trying to balance the carbs, protein, fats, sodium and sugar..I finally gave up on the sugar...lol, I kinda like eating my fruit in the morning..and can't do that, because then i run the risk of eating the carbs later in the day which brings my sugar up..argh!

So help me bring up my calories please! Check out my food diary, I don't care...just help!!

And I don't need silly nonsense on this board...ya silly weirdos!! :laugh: I need serious people..haha! Give me a laugh later on my profile if ya want..:wink:

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a few days' worth, but it looks like you are lacking in the protein department. Adding more lean protein will easily bring up your caloric intake.
  • Eskrimador
    Options
    eat lots of pandesal.. and more rice...and more spaghetti.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    1200 is my net calories to lose 1 pound a week..
    500 calories deficit
    I burn about 1000+ calories each day of the 6 days...
    I changed my % of carbs to 35%, 25% fats, and 40% protein
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Setting your goals based on weight you need to lose:

75lbs or more: Choose to lose 2lbs/week
    40-75 pounds: Choose to lose 1.5lbs/week
    25-40 pounds: Choose to lose 1lb/week
    15-20 pounds: Choose either 1/2lb or 1lb
    Less than 15/20 pounds: choose 1/2 lb/week

This is the most common setting people choose incorrectly or too aggressively...

You can also change your ratios.
    My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom

I would almost reverse your protein carbs -- the defaults are way too low .
    Many people use 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat

Add protein shakes, greek yogurt (like fage 0% or chobani 0%), almonds, avocado etc...
    Try using more quinoa, millet, farrow for your carbs ---they can even replace oatmeal.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Options
    I only looked at a few days' worth, but it looks like you are lacking in the protein department. Adding more lean protein will easily bring up your caloric intake.

Thanks I will look into getting more Chicken and lean meats...
  • Gualirix
    Options
    My dearest,

I am proud of the great work you are doing. In order to up your calorie intake, you should do it gradually. If you like your fruits so much, why not spread your consumption throughout the day, so you don't feel like you are depriving yourself from them. Also, increase your protein intake. It will help you feel fuller and also, it's great since proteins provide amino acids that are essential for muscle building. I hope this help. Best of luck!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Options
    Lol..Pandesal....that sounds like a very nice treat...or steamed buns... spaghetti yes, I will add that..!!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Options
    Thanks, I will most likely change up it back..I did have it at 40-30-30...I just thought I'd need more protein vs..carbs..as i am constantly strength training and doing cardio...I just changed it this morning..lol, so I will change it back..haha..

Thanks for all your help...you guys are great!
  • Statsol
    Statsol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think you need more fats, less carbs - to me your protein intake is fairly adequate. Some form of nuts throughout the day (e.g. cashews, almonds) unless you have allergies.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Options
    I think you need more fats, less carbs - to me your protein intake is fairly adequate. Some form of nuts throughout the day (e.g. cashews, almonds) unless you have allergies.

No allergies, what so ever...will see about adding more in my meal planning thanks
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hello to the O. Poster,

Take a good look at my profile pic. That is me. I eat a high fat, low/no carb diet. I have tons of energy, look great, am healthy and never tired. You have no need for carbs. in your diet. Studies actually show that your metabolisim slows down with a caloric intake, no matter if it's allot or a little, that is mostly carbs.

If you want to enjoy food, look into paleo living or the caveman diet. As a native american I'm proud to say that my tribe has been fighting terrorisim (including the "western diet") since 1493. I tried the western diet of high carbs this year when a doctor prescribe more calories for me, and I immedietely got diabetes. That was with a restricted calorie diet! Went back to my native diet and actually can eat more calories, exercise less, and enjoy tons of veggies, proteins, fats, creams, cheeses, oils with out weight gain.

Also, Watch out for the anti low carbers, their hate speech, attacks and love of scaring the pants off of the OP. AND please do your own research! Best wishes.
  • tradykstra
    Options
    If I were you, I'd up your calories to about 1400 Cal/day and up your protein intake. I'd up your protein % to about 45%, cut back a bit on the carbs and then see how you feel. I do really well with a higher protein and low carb diet, but not everyone does.