low calorie/filling snack ideas!!! HELP!!!!

beachbm
beachbm Posts: 4
edited October 3 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone have any low calorie yet filling snack ideas? Starting out and I AM HUNGRY!!!!!

Replies

• SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Hummus. If you make your own, you can leave out the tahini and it will be less calories. Plus you can make your own flavors. . . . roasted red pepper, basil, garlic, lemon, olive, sun dried tomato . . etc.

Just drain and rince a can of chickpeas/garbonzo beans, add to a food processor and blend until smooth, add some salt and pepper, lemon juice, and garlic. I like a little parmesan cheese. Add a little olive oil to up the healthy fat content and help it blend. You can also add some stock, or water to help reach desired consistancy.
  • I grab a 100 calorie pack of almonds or some string cheese. Those are my top 2 go to when I'm hungry.
  • I personally have a ton of recipes. I wrote up a few (and some other people did as well) on bb.com at this site. Please take a look as I believe it has some great volumous low calories food ideas.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138158343&page=1
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Fresh fruit and veggies are good, they're mostly water. I have a weak spot for baby carrots. But a lot of people like yogurt. It's high protein helps keep you satisfied and it comes in so many flavors and consistences. I would suggest away from those 100 calorie snacks (almonds are fine) of cookies or whatever. They have a lot of refined sugar and don't satisfy.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Lately I love, apples or natural popcorn with 1 stevia packet, 1 tsp cinnamon some sliced raw almonds, and dried cranberries all mixed together you can eat the whole bag of popcorn for about 100 calories, then just measure out the other ingredients as those will vary depening on how much you like. Also add some mini dark chocolate chips for a chocolate craving mmm
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    90 calorie fiber one bars ...OMG the chocolate one tastes like chocolate cake!!!!!!!!!!!! that with water and you're going to feel like you ate.
    I also like reduced fat wheat thins and low fat mozzerella
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    I personally like cuttin gup a pineapple, or a bowl of strawberries. I'm not sure where I read this online somewhere, but these are considered negative calorie foods; this is where your body requires more energy to digest these foods than they actually provide.

Google negative calorie foods and see what you get.
This discussion has been closed.