Playing at the park with my kids

Options
My husband and I took the kids to the park yesterday and it made me proud of us. We've never been obese, but there was a time we were a little sluggish. Anyhoo - yesterday we were running with the kids, playing on the slides, and climbing on all the equipment. (We're within the weight limits on everything we did - totally safe.) When it was time to go, the kids were pooped, so we popped them up on our shoulders and galloped to the car.

We got a couple smiles from some other parents, blank stares from other... and down right dirty looks from a couple people.

I was proud because we have that kind of energy to play with our kids. I can't imagine having to sit the entire time because I'm winded from walking from the parking lot to the bench. There was a little girl I helped go down the fireman's pole because her mom wouldn't get off the bench. To me, that's a little sad :(

I'm proud that my hubby and I get to be an awesome Mommy and Daddy. And admittedly, we're just big kids ourselves. But - you'd be too if you saw this awesome park! The slides are 2-stories tall and super fast!!!

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good for you, it sounds like alot of fun!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!! I remember playing with mine like that when they were kidlets. Enjoy it while you can!!
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm not liked very much at the playgrounds either, because I'm usually climbing and sliding too, not to mention using the monkey bars as my pull-up exercise session.....I plainly capitalize on the playground, usually burn 300-400 cal horsing around and mixing my own sneaky workouts. PLAYGROUND WORKOUTS are fun!!