Body Frame Sizes:

Options
Why is knowing your frame size important?
Not only will knowing your body frame size give you peace of mind, but it will put you on the path to good health. You will find out whether you are overweight, just right, or underweight for your body frame so that you can adjust your life accordingly.

Women:
Height under 5'2"
Small = wrist size less than 5.5"
Medium = wrist size 5.5" to 5.75"
Large = wrist size over 5.75"

Height 5'2" to 5' 5"
Small = wrist size less than 6"
Medium = wrist size 6" to 6.25"
Large = wrist size over 6.25"

Height over 5' 5"
Small = wrist size less than 6.25"
Medium = wrist size 6.25" to 6.5"
Large = wrist size over 6.5"

Men:
Height over 5' 5"
Small = wrist size 5.5" to 6.5"
Medium = wrist size 6.5" to 7.5"
Large = wrist size over 7.5"

You can use this calculator http://www.etoolsage.com/Calculator/Frame_Size_Calculator.asp?sex=0&useMethod=00&optMeas=02&Inch=5&chkHeight=01&feet=5&inchF=2 to determine what you should weight

Replies

• fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!! I am totally going to check it out! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm rubbish at maths.. I'm 5ft 3 and half and wrists are exactly 6" does that make me a medium frame or large? . (its definitely not small!)

Edit: Just checked it gives large on there but says medium in your post for that height and wrist circumference? I used 5ft 4 though as it wont accept fractions.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm large frame. I always thought so but nice to see confirmation. Thanks for the info OP!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    this may sound stupid, but where exactly do u measure ur wrist?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow. I always thought I was medium frame but my wrist is 6.5" and I'm 5'3 3/4"! Uhhh... hmmmm.
  • muffindowd
    Options
    That is awesome!! Thanks for posting this. It confirmed what I believe is the best weight range for my body!! The high end of that range is still considered "overweight" on the BMI chart even though when I have been at that weight I look awesome. This seems more accurate since everyone's body frame is different!!
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump- thanks!
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can get your wrist measurements by measuring from your thumb to pinky finger
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    according to that for a LARGE frame I should be between 7st 10 and 10st 5... there's no way I'd ever get to 7st 10! :noway: .. even the standard one I found online said between 8st 7 and 10 st 7 for my height.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hmm...OK...so I'm 5'9" and my wrist is 5.5", which taking in to account the groupings on the original post would make me a 'small'. Buuuutttt...I tapped it in to the calculator thingy-ma-jig and it told me: "For a female with a wrist circumference of 5.5 ins. and height of 5 ft.9 ins. your body frame size is classified as LARGE" :huh:

Did I do something that would result in a serious facepalm??
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've found a more accurate calculator sorry about that mistake
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have frakishly tiny wrists. I'm 5'9", 227 lbs and have a 5.5 in wrist. Good lord.
  • AmeChops
    Options

Ahhh...this one makes more sense :laugh:
  • mercurymumof3
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my wrist is 6.25 inches. It told me I have a large frame too, and according to this I am 3lbs under my minimum weight.... And I DEFINATELY am not!!
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA I put 7 feet 10 inches instead of 4 feet 10 inches. Boy did it look funny at first! I have a large frame, which I already knew as my shoulders are as wide as my 5 foot 10 inch boss. It says according to BMI I should be 88-119 pounds (I was 88 pounds at 10 years old! Only one inch shorter though.) but the MET table says 118-131. My goal is 130 so I guess I'm about right. :)
  • mercurymumof3
    Options

Where??
  • AmeChops
    Options

Where??

Link has been changed in original post :smile:
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your second link said that at 4 foot 10 inches with a large frame my ideal body weight would be 319 pounds. Umm, I don't think that's more accurate...