Graze boxes

Options
I'm hearing and seeing a lot about these boxes at the moment - does anyone have them or has had them? Are they worth it and have you still lost weight eating them (they talk about blood sugars and GI/GL a lot...)

I am tempted - just for the variety really as I get bored and thats when I start eating as I usually can't find something to satisfy - but not sure if I should give it a go...

Any insights at all?

Replies

• swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know of an MFP friend that gets them all the time and she RAVES about them. Unfortunately they appear to only be available in the UK so I am out of luck- I desperately want to try a box or two
  • OverlordMark
    Options
    I`ve had a couple of Graze boxes in the past. Personally, I quite like them.

Each box does seem to be around 800kcals though so it has to be instead of something not aswell as. That said, a box is enough for me to nibble on over a low energy day and they taste lovely.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am assuming you live in the UK right? I know it's a stupid question but your profile doesn't say, so I wanted to make sure you did because they are only available over there. I am in the US and have a graze box at the moment only because a wonderful pal over there sent me one. The idea is to have a light breakfast and then graze until a late dinner. I think they are wonderful, but you have to make sure you graze and don't eat it all in 2 hours haha that was tough. Also to save calories you can make your own, thats what I did before my friend sent me this one. I used my japanese bento box because it is small and has great food separators.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i saw a web site for them, bet you can make your own much cheaper
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    I was curious about your post so went to google.....http://www.graze.com/.

I think you could create your own as many have suggested. It all comes down to planning ahead.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    never tried it, but had to google it when i read your post.

I think there are a lot of worse things that fruit and nut snacks.

If you do want to try it, I found a coupon http://www.graze.com/signup/l

Again, I'm not in the UK, and haven't tried it, but if you do, let us know how it is :bigsmile:
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am assuming you live in the UK right? I know it's a stupid question but your profile doesn't say, so I wanted to make sure you did because they are only available over there. I am in the US and have a graze box at the moment only because a wonderful pal over there sent me one. The idea is to have a light breakfast and then graze until a late dinner. I think they are wonderful, but you have to make sure you graze and don't eat it all in 2 hours haha that was tough. Also to save calories you can make your own, thats what I did before my friend sent me this one. I used my japanese bento box because it is small and has great food separators.

I was thinking the same thing, make your own with a bento box. Or you can make your own bento style box with paper muffin cups to separte food (or even the silicone ones) put into a in regular tupperware container.
  • OverlordMark
    Options
    I think you could create your own as many have suggested. It all comes down to planning ahead.

You probably could *but* thats like saying you`ll never go to a restaurant as you can cook at home. ;)

OK, I`m not comparing Graze boxes to eating out, but I`m a lazy man. Having the stuff just come through my door in the morning is sooooo much easier. Much easier to stick to.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

You probably could *but* thats like saying you`ll never go to a restaurant as you can cook at home. ;)

OK, I`m not comparing Graze boxes to eating out, but I`m a lazy man. Having the stuff just come through my door in the morning is sooooo much easier. Much easier to stick to.

bet you would like to come back as a puppy when you die
  • Mrswilko
    Options

Yes, I live in the UK :) I might have to put that right on my profile!!

I think I'll have difficulty not eating it all in one go but as I say, the variety for me I think would be the key and eating just when I need it rather than grazing all day though!

Not sure where I'd buy things like they offer to do my own...
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

Yes, I live in the UK :) I might have to put that right on my profile!!

I think I'll have difficulty not eating it all in one go but as I say, the variety for me I think would be the key and eating just when I need it rather than grazing all day though!

Not sure where I'd buy things like they offer to do my own...

Do they have a Whole Foods over there? I thought they did........if so try there they have awesome stuff that would be perfect for your graze box!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I get them, they come once a week on a Thursday and get delivered to my work. They are not low calorie, but on the whole they are healthy - lots of nuts, seeds and dried fruit. You can pick between a Nutri-box or a Nibble-box - I get the nibble box, they are less healthy I think - occaisionally they'll have chocolate or flapjack.

Yes, you could make your own but imho they are great value (£3.50) a box including delivery. You know exactly what the nutritional values of each snack are. If you have a HUGE kitchen and can store hundreds of different varieties of dried fruits, nuts and seeds, and can be bothered to weigh them out each morning and put them in little tubs then great, do that. But for me the joy of getting food in the post, especially as every week is different is totally worth the money. It's the highlight of my working week. I cannot rave about them enough.

If anyone wants to try a free one (sorry, UK only) - use this code: JM4H2L33
  • OverlordMark
    Options

bet you would like to come back as a puppy when you die

Why wait for the next life? ;)