Anyone from Houston Texas??

Options
I'm going to Houston next week for 6 days. I was wondering if there is anything there I must see?? Fun things to do? Great restaurants? Also what's the weather like this time of year?? Is is still humid?? I live in Canada so it is jeans and sweater weather now. I was wondering if I should be packing pants and sweaters, capris and t-shirts, or dresses and shorts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I think Houston is always humid :-/ I'm in San Antonio, which is a few hours away. The weather here is still warm, upper 80s during the day and upper 60s later at night or early morning.

If you can make it to Galveston, which isn't far from Houston, you should go to Moody Gardens. It's a big aquarium type thing. There's also a boardwalk and stuff in Galveston, and beach.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Houston! You better leave your sweaters in Canada bc this weekend the highs will be in the mid 60's with lows in the low to mid 60's. It hasn't been too humid though it's actually been pleasant this year.
    We do have terrific restaurants! If you like Mexican try Cafe Adobe on Westheimer. They have great margaritas and fun people watching. Save your calories for that meal! Let me know if I can help with anything else :)
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Houston here!

It hasn't been humid (for us) this year because of the drought. The weather is pretty warm out.

I suggest Discovery Green Park downtown for some free fun events. Almost anywhere you eat is going to be good. I think we have more restaurants than nearly anyplace else I've been.

What sort of things do you like?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston, too. It's supposed to be mid to high 80's next week. It will be more humid than you're used to, but very nice weather for us. Capris and t-shirts will be good. We're all still wearing flip-flops and shorts, too.

Soooo many great places to eat. Where will you be staying? You'll have to eat Mexican food while here, and maybe some Texas bbq. I would recommend El Tiempo on Washington for Mexican food. Local hot spots would be Ruggles, Nikko Nikko's (Greek), and Churrasco's (South American).

Fun things to do: We have a great museum district right around the Rice University area. NASA/Space Center Houston is here, too. Kemah and Galveston are touristy places along the water if you have time for either of those.

If you want more info, feel free to PM me. I'm sure you'll get some great advice here. Safe travels!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome!! Thanks so much guys. I am looking forward to it. We will be making it to Galveston as well I hear the boardwalk is gorgeous. spending a week with the in laws so have to plan as much to do as possible lol. Thanks again:)
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome!! Thanks so much guys. I am looking forward to it. We will be making it to Galveston as well I hear the boardwalk is gorgeous. spending a week with the in laws so have to plan as much to do as possible lol. Thanks again:)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Eat at The Spot in Galveston!