• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    IF YOU WANT IT FAST
    IT WILL NOT LAST.

Ladies take note of this!!!!

LMAO - a bit off the subject but thanks for the laugh
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    500 calories is a terrible idea. Don't do it. HCG is also not a good idea. Don't do it.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am starting this diet on Saturday. You are going to hear so much negative about this so be prepared to put the body guards on because some on here hit below the belt! I don't let it bother me because for one, not one person on this site live my life and two, ( and I am cool w/ this ) but myfitnesspal really pushes the 1200 + calorie with exercise thing. You will see negative and positive in everything in life and this diet is no different. Most just never get past the 500 calorie thing before shooting it down. Some have had bad experiences, so I have heard, .... Take the good with the bad and find your way. The Weight Watcher's is NOT for me, but may be ideal in the next persons lifestyle. I love doing my 1200 calorie a day and exercising my a** off on my treadmill and doing my Zumba...........but I hit a stall and I am getting things moving again. (My choice).......then back to my 1200 calories, Zumba and Treadmill. What works for some though does not work for others. Ask any critic here what they think of exercising and NOT eating those calories back.... even if you aren't even hungry. That is a great example. I have had great losses without eating mine back and lately, I was eating some of them back and now I am no longer losing weight. Like I said, what may work for you may not work for the next person. Good luck to you and although I am scared..... I am looking forward to giving this a try. Oh, and for those of you that say that you go in to starvation mode, you really don't. That is the first thing that was programmed in to your head coming in to myfitnesspal. Anything under 1200 ... YOU ARE IN STARVATION MODE. Trust me, that was my very FIRST question looking in to this. That is how this diet works the way it does. It tricks your body in to thinking that your stored fat is calorie intake and it takes from that. I use to eat less than this diet on a daily basis when I was working! I would not advise that.... I was hungry and only ate once... at night. I love my 1200 calorie ( and there are actually those who tell me that I need to increase THAT on here) .... goes back to the ones who want you to do your diet THEIR WAY. .... But anyway... I love my 1200 calorie diet and I AM NOT ABANDONING IT, but I am going to try this diet... AND FOLLOW THROUGH . That is the catch. Don't lose and then eat like you never need to diet again in your life.... enjoy the benefits of myfitnesspal and continue your journey on knowing how to eat right and keeping that extra weight off. That is my plan..... may or may not work for everyone ... or most everyone else... but that is my plan.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    I really feel sorry for people on here that ask a simple question and get slammed like they do. Some of you say "you didn't gain it in 30 days, why should you get to lose it in 30 days?" Well, for those of you throwing that out there..... I had surgery last December on my foot and was in a cast for 5 weeks PLUS I QUIT SMOKING .............and yes, dear............I GAINED 30 POUNDS IN 30 DAYS..... O.K? I am not proud of that , but yes, I gained really fast! You people are UNBELIEVABLE!

headdesk.gif

Please, take the time to go to the first page of this topic and read the links that I have posted. Please!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Why would you want to do this when you are 18 years old and can lose weight eating a perfectly healthy and good diet that will help you learn how to eat to keep the weight off? I don't think you will lose more weight doing the 500 calorie diet than you will
    doing a 1200 NET or whatever MFP recommends for you and you will certainly eat better and feel better just counting calories and exercising. There is no quick fix for permanent weight loss. It takes time and effort but it is worth it for lasting results. Good luck...be sure to make an informed decision.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Here's the best part for you: While on HCG "diet" you CAN'T DANCE! The calorie limit is so low that any extra exercise IS NOT recommended. So if you can hold off from dancing for 4 weeks or more................................
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am starting this diet on Saturday. You are going to hear so much negative about this so be prepared to put the body guards on because some on here hit below the belt! I don't let it bother me because for one, not one person on this site live my life and two, ( and I am cool w/ this ) but myfitnesspal really pushes the 1200 + calorie with exercise thing. You will see negative and positive in everything in life and this diet is no different. Most just never get past the 500 calorie thing before shooting it down. Some have had bad experiences, so I have heard, .... Take the good with the bad and find your way. The Weight Watcher's is NOT for me, but may be ideal in the next persons lifestyle. I love doing my 1200 calorie a day and exercising my a** off on my treadmill and doing my Zumba...........but I hit a stall and I am getting things moving again. (My choice).......then back to my 1200 calories, Zumba and Treadmill. What works for some though does not work for others. Ask any critic here what they think of exercising and NOT eating those calories back.... even if you aren't even hungry. That is a great example. I have had great losses without eating mine back and lately, I was eating some of them back and now I am no longer losing weight. Like I said, what may work for you may not work for the next person. Good luck to you and although I am scared..... I am looking forward to giving this a try. Oh, and for those of you that say that you go in to starvation mode, you really don't. That is the first thing that was programmed in to your head coming in to myfitnesspal. Anything under 1200 ... YOU ARE IN STARVATION MODE. Trust me, that was my very FIRST question looking in to this. That is how this diet works the way it does. It tricks your body in to thinking that your stored fat is calorie intake and it takes from that. I use to eat less than this diet on a daily basis when I was working! I would not advise that.... I was hungry and only ate once... at night. I love my 1200 calorie ( and there are actually those who tell me that I need to increase THAT on here) .... goes back to the ones who want you to do your diet THEIR WAY. .... But anyway... I love my 1200 calorie diet and I AM NOT ABANDONING IT, but I am going to try this diet... AND FOLLOW THROUGH . That is the catch. Don't lose and then eat like you never need to diet again in your life.... enjoy the benefits of myfitnesspal and continue your journey on knowing how to eat right and keeping that extra weight off. That is my plan..... may or may not work for everyone ... or most everyone else... but that is my plan.

Except EVERYONE I have known has gained the weight back, and EVERYONE has had a bad experience with it. Not just some.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member

Except EVERYONE I have known has gained the weight back, and EVERYONE has had a bad experience with it. Not just some.

I have no idea why HCG hasn't been included in this rule yet. :noway:

FORUM RULES
    2) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products, are considered inappropriate and will be removed without warning. This rule has been created to protect members from multi-level marketing schemes or other hidden sales tactics which are strictly prohibited on this site.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    To answer your question: I don't think it's a good idea and since you are selective with the kind of replies you accept, I'll leave it at that.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Bump
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    I had a friend who did this diet and she lost 80 some pounds with no issues.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    I had a friend who did this diet and she lost 80 some pounds with no issues.

not to be rude, is your friend planning on eating this way the rest of her life? Because if she plans on going back to eating more calories, she WILL gain it back.
  • I will have to go with the many nay-sayers. Answer is NO definitely DO NOT do this diet. I'm not on the bandwagon because I believe it is a bad diet because of research, I am on the bandwagon because I have been on the diet. It's, horrible. I had a ton of weight to lose, (80lbs total) when I started, so I did the 43 day program. Yes, I did lose 50 lbs, but not without headaches, irritability, extreme hunger and I felt depressed, even passed out at work. I have been off the diet since May, and I am now 3 lbs heavier than I was when I finished the drops. Bad news is, my body is stubborn in wanting to shed the rest of my weight. It won't come off with normal diet and excersise.
  • kbailey33
    kbailey33 Posts: 2 Member
    I took the drops and lost 17 lbs in my 44 days... I have since gained it ALL back!!! Plus I was weak and tired and grumpy.. not good for anyone around me... it was fun fitting into smaller clothes, but not so fun having to put back on my chunky girl clothes when I gained it all back. There are 2 women I know that have taken the shots (via doctor in a clinic, not from the internet), and lost lots of weight, and it's still off. However, as someone earlier posted: if you have the will power to eat only 500 of specific foods, you will have the will power to eat the 1200 cal minimum daily. I don't advise that you go through with it. It's terribly expensive, and not guarenteed to keep the weight off. The advice from MFP is much healthier. That's what I have to say.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    My sister-in-law and a friend of my mom both did the diet and lost weight. When they were done with the diet they both gained their weight back. Doesn't seem worth it to me!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member

Your plan to eat 500 calories and then jump back up to 1200 is redic.. and you will gain all that weight that you lost back.
    Usually when you stall, your supposed to eat more.. not less.. but if you want to kill yourself in the process, then more power to you..
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    My sister-in-law and a friend of my mom both did the diet and lost weight. When they were done with the diet they both gained their weight back. Doesn't seem worth it to me!

Read your first line, slapped my forhead
    Read the second line and blew you a kiss
    Read the third line and sent you a friend request.

Being 50 I have the College of Hard Knocks on my side. Experience has shown me that 60 minutes of Gilad in the morning, followed by a day of 500 calories, ends with a day in the ER hooked up to an IV pole. Lovely look.

I have done every diet, pill, weird *kitten* soup there is and the only thing that had me lose weight, feel great, keep off most of it (until my surgery.........NO EXCUSE it is just what happened) BUT I did get right back on the train and only gained 10 back, not PLUS TEN like I did for years!

The question was 500 Calorie Diet? Yes or No?

I say NO way baby. Slow and steady wins the race. The race to GOOD HEALTH!! :drinker:
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    500 calories a day would piss me off.
  • Just do it, ignore the *****ing, see what happens, see the results, see everyone else still *****ing, feel good.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Just do it, ignore the *****ing, see what happens, see the results, see everyone else still *****ing, feel good.

Then watch the weight pile back on while the rest of us are still losing and keeping it off.