Logging Cooking Oil

Options
Just cooked roast vegetables for myself and my boyfriend. I added it as a recipe, adding together all the vegetables and the tablespoon of oil I drizzled on top, and made it to serve too. That means my log includes half a tablespoon of oil, but obviouslt a lot of thist tablespoon was left in the pan/on the plate. Do you log this way? Am I right to do so?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i log the whole tablespoon of what i use for cooking/serving. i figure i probably miss enough during the day, or whatever. no need to split hairs.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the exact right answer is but it makes sense to me to estimate how much of the oil I've eaten...if it looks like half of it is left on the plate then I'll not log those calories as I'm not eating them.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I always log my cooking oils...
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Ohhh...good topic. I tend to estimate since there seems to always be a bit left in the pan. I've been trying to use less and less when I cook though.
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I try to always log it too, especially if I'm cooking for just myself or if I've entered the entire recipe into MFP.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I always log my cooking oils as well. I mostly cook with olive oil so to me it's a healthy kind of fat and I don't mind logging the whole thing (or /14 of it if I ate 1/4 of a recipe).
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I log it all, even if there some left in the plate or the pan. I'd rather loss a little extra than gain it.

9114468.png
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this answer! always try to count a bit more on top than less, the results will be worth it!:D
    I log it all, even if there some left in the plate or the pan. I'd rather loss a little extra than gain it.

9114468.png