Slim chance..but does anyone live near or in Pickering Ontar

I was just looking for some real life workout buddies and I realize the majority of you have probably never even heard of this city but worth a try haha.

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I have heard of Pickering, Ontario!!

But I do not live there.

Sorry lol
  • i'm close...ish... first stop past rouge hill :D which is where i hop the go train to see my bestie in the 'shwa... sadly, not close enough to be workout pals... sorry :ohwell:
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    i'm close...ish... first stop past rouge hill :D which is where i hop the go train to see my bestie in the 'shwa... sadly, not close enough to be workout pals... sorry :ohwell:

It took me a second to realize that you were not talking about the street because if you were then wow small world..lol
  • i'm in scarborough... it's about 30 mins on the bus to rouge go station.. it's the easiest to get to... not the closest, but, the easiest :)

and, btw... love the hedgie in your proflie pic :bigsmile:
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    I live in Oshawa....I am a member of the Y at the moment. I don't drive though, so meeting up for things would be trickier.

I'd love to have a workout buddy close by....and a member of the same gym would be awesome. I kinda do....but she doesn't have an active membership to the Y at the moment...and getting scheduling right when we are both free to go isn't so easy either.

What gym do you go to?
  • lauram_23
    I live in Oshawa....I am a member of the Y at the moment. I don't drive though, so meeting up for things would be trickier.

I'd love to have a workout buddy close by....and a member of the same gym would be awesome. I kinda do....but she doesn't have an active membership to the Y at the moment...and getting scheduling right when we are both free to go isn't so easy either.

What gym do you go to?

I go to GoodLife Fitness, the one at loblaws in Pickering. I work at the loblaws so I get a killer discount :)
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    I am contemplating switching to the Goodlife at the Oshawa centre because it is 24 hours. Do you attend any of the classes they have?
  • lauram_23
    I am contemplating switching to the Goodlife at the Oshawa centre because it is 24 hours. Do you attend any of the classes they have?

Yes I do and they are all great! I love Zumba and Newbody and I am sure once I try the others that I will love them too!
  • Mimikiai
    Mimikiai Posts: 3 Member
    I know you posted this over a year ago, but I live in Pickering, am a member of Goodlife, and am looking for a workout buddy. If you are still interested, drop me a note.
  • I live in pickering I know absolutely no body !
    I have a gym in my condo I would like to find a work out buddy
    ( female ) . Do lots of strength training and cardio
    To atleast reach close to my goal which is 125
    ... Im not to into joining a gym as I already have one in my condo
    and a squate press and other work out gear .
    I would like to meet someone with motivation and
    drive to help eachother to reach our goal