"I wouldn't marry you because you eat too much."

Options
:laugh: LOL!!! I must say this was the funniest thing said to me yesterday by a co-worker of mine. It's so funny because I guess that is what it looks like to him every time he passes my desk -- I'm snacking on something -- veggies, fruit, nuts, etc. What he doesn't know is that because of this frequent eating (along with exercise), I am losing weight and becoming the healthiest I have ever been since depending on my mommy to fix my meals. :-) In his defense though, he was not being mean at all. It was a little friendly humor shared between the two of us. But I chose not to tell him at this point about my regiment because I am looking forward to sharing that piece of "humor" when I get to my goal weight. As the old saying goes, "He who laughs last laughs best." :laugh: :laugh: By the way, I am already married and he isn't my type anyway. LOL!! I just thought it was an ironically funny story to share. :laugh:

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have had co-workers tell me the same thing..According to them..I just dont stop eating..

Awesome isnt it..
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    you'll have the last laugh when you hit your goal weight :)
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ha ha you will have the last laugh! and BTW i love your quote .... "You're never too old to have a happy childhood."
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    lmao..may be in fun, but what a jack@$$..to me that says, im not attracted to big girls..:grumble: glad it was in a friendly way tho :laugh:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Ha, funny. As I am eating at my desk at this very moment.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    lol my DH makes fun of me all the time he says that I eat more now that IM losing weight then I ever have since hes known me
  • cath775
    Options
    I hope you really make him "eat" his words. I have had guys say krap like that to me before....and I usually let them know that I can do something about being fat, but there's not much to do about being ugly.....LOL
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have heard that a few times too. Other times I think to myself, my co-workers must really think I'm a pig because I eat all the time and they never eat (probably part of the reason they can't lose weight, but that's a whole nother story).
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Thats f'd up. He's probably the kind of guy who buys his girl cubic zirconia :laugh:
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This is funny. You'll show him! Since I started my healthy eating regime i have found that I appear to be eating a lot more at lunch, probably cos I choose things like salad and fruit which you can eat more of and still stay within cals. it looks like you're stuffing your face when actually it's fine cos it's healthy stuff. :smile: