Down 34 lbs...Before & During Pics....17 more to go! **Pic H

Options
Well, this is my first post with pictures. I thought maybe I could help inspire other people with their goals. I started out my journey at around 185 lbs (not a firm number as I did not want to get on the scale). Before joining MFP, I was working out on my own for about 6 months and lost about 10 lbs. I should have lost more. I was putting in the time with exercise, but wasn't watching my intake. No let me correct myself, I was watching my intake go in my mouth I just didn't care about the actual value of what I was eating.

I've always been athletic and as in most cases did not start to gain weight until college. I chose to use food as comfort in situations where I was anxious or upset. Then I didn't even think about what I was doing to my body. It wasn't until January, when my co-workers decided to do a weight loss challenge that I really decided that now was the time to make a change and be happy. There were 12 of us and we drew names for teams. So there were 2 teams of 6. I must say that without those people on my team I may not have succeed as well as I could have or continued on the journey. I started out at 176 lbs. The competition helped fuel my desire to lose weight.

One of my teammates told me about MFP, so I joined and that put another boost into my journey. I didn't realize how much I was consuming on a daily basis. I decided I needed another challenging element to help me stay focused. My best friend is a runner and I WAS not. I asked her if she would help me train to do a 5k and of course she said yes. She also told me there was a race she had been wanting to do, but it was a girls only race and she couldn't find anyone to do it with her. We decided that that would be the race we would do together. I started training in February and the race was in June. After many fights while running, keep in mind we have been best friends for almost 20 years so fighting is nothing new to us, I was finally able to complete a 5k well before my race. I am so thankful to her for all that she did for me and putting up with my moaning and groaning 3 times a week for 4 months. I LOVE to run now. I have done many races since the one in June and will always be forever thankful to by best friend.

After that, my goal was my co-workers wedding (which I was a bridesmaid) in the end of August. I got my dress in January (a size 14...boo!). By the begining of August I had to have it taken in 3/4 of an inch on each side and it was still a little baggy on the wedding day. Regardless though, that day wasn't about me, but I sure felt great doing the boogaloo on the dance floor.

Now, I have maintain my current weight for around 6 weeks. I am ready to kick it into high gear again to get rid of these last pesky 17 lbs. Below are some of my before and during pictures.....

NightOut310.jpg
March 2010 - I'm on the far left

Wilmington510.jpg
May 2010 - At a pet shop in Wilmington on vacation

SteveJMe610.jpg
June 2010 - With my two "brothers"

SteveJMe511.jpg
May 2011 - With my two "brothers" again

NessaMe610.jpg
June 2010 - My friend and I on her birthday

NessaMe611.jpg
June 2011 - My friend and I on her brithday again

me.jpg
October 2010 - Halloween

NicolesBridalShower.jpg
June 2011 - Bridal Shower for the wedding in August

Bridesmaids82711.jpg
August 2011 - Wedding: I'm in the middle

NicolesBdayDec10.jpg
Jan. 2011 - Right before the challenge started

NicolesBridalPartyPartyAug11.jpg
August 2011 - Right before wedding

GoofingOff811.jpg
August 2011 - What I can do now!

ProvincetownCapeCod911.jpg
September 2011 - On vacation with my best friend in Cape Cod - Also my 27th birthday

capecod.jpg
September 2011 - On vacation

I hope this testimonial my serve as inpiration to someone. Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're very pretty!
  • daytonafitmom
    daytonafitmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! 17lbs.....you'll get that! :)
  • Michelle_Murray
    Michelle_Murray Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You look incredible; great work!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! You look great, I have lost about 30lbs so far but no difference yet..I am very big and have alot to lose. Very inspiring to see your success story.:happy:
  • Michelle_Murray
    Options
    Don't worry. All will come in time. I've had to learn to be very patient with my journey. I think the best thing I did was set mini 5 lbs goals so the end result didn't see to daunting. Keep up the great work!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!! Good for you for sticking to it! You will certainly get the next 17 off as well! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Very Pretty! Good work
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are Sophie Ellis Bextor's doppleganger! You look great, well done :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to go
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Gives me hope that my scale will start moving again soon!!!
  • m_erira
    m_erira Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    amazing.. thank you for sharing
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Gorgeous!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Nice job - you look great. You will get those last 17 lbs off in no time. Congrats on the 34 lbs down so far. :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Molldoll0702
    Molldoll0702 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You can totally kick butt with the last 17 pounds! Good luck!
  • Michelle_Murray
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! :)
  • jackshortstack
    jackshortstack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! you really are so pretty and inspiring - thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!