quick fat burning exercises in 45-60 min?

Options
i've recently started running between 2-4 miles at least once a week, i used to HATE running and could barely do ten minutes. I am looking for other ways to burn fat than running. Any ideas?

Replies

• hargis70
    Options
    The Elliptical Trainer at the gym is a great calorie burner and it is easy on the joints. For me running is the best way for me to shed the weight but it is tough on my legs after running 3 miles 4x a week. Also try the insanity workout....that thing is killer.
  • MDHATCHER
    Options
    I am doing Turbo Jam and it is a lot of fun; I calculated how long in the system and it gave me a result of 673 burned calories.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    30 day shred
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Do you have access to a stairmaster? Climbing a stairmaster and keeping in your heart rate zone for at least 20 minutes is a super fat burner.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,428 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? I do a spin class 3 times a week and that seems like the biggest calorie burn bang for my time and effort. I have to go much longer on other machines to burn the same number of calories. If you don't belong to a gym that has spin classes, in my city there are stand alone cycling gyms where you can pay by the class.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights if your not already.. Best fat burner there is!

Muscle burns more calories then fat at rest.. so the more you have/maintain, the more you'll burn without even doing anything extra!
  • craazygirl
    craazygirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA, it's amazing. You can go to zumba.com and type in your city and state to find classes in your area. Most classes are about 60 min, and only $5. Most are drop in so no membership is needed.
    I really started seeing the weight come off when I started going to Zumba, I go at least 3 days a week.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    P90x is great. U shred fat along with building some muscle
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    as much fat as possible but calories over a longer period of time? Lift. As many calories as possible in 45 - 60, but not burning as many over the short term? HIIT
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Insanity the workouts are 60 mns or less each and intense.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have Comcast-so I get on Demand and do a variety of things, as I get bored too easy-I love kickboxing