Is it true ladies...

Options

Replies

• kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    A few days before and during the time you are menstruating, you do burn more calories due to the additional cellular activity taking place internally. Some female metabolisms may increase up to 15% during this time due to hormonal changes and loss of blood. The increase in metabolism can lead to an increase in appetite in order to compensate for the greater calorie burn

That seems like a very logical explanation!?

This makes a lot of sense because I am actually physically hungrier right before and during.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options

I wonder how many calories giving birth consumes. Probably a trillion! Food for thought :)

LOL I don't know but you certainly do lose a lot of weight overnight! :laugh: Ten pounds all at once!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    10602374.jpg
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    well...yes we CAN. just not sure if it's a good idea for everyone... :wink:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • ampuckett08
    ampuckett08 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try my best not to...however I only have two side effects from being on my period and that is: 1. I get supper munchie...I wont be hungry, but I just want to eat random things.... I try my hardest to say no to the temptation and 2. I gain weight regardless of what I do. I will be up 2-3 lbs but then once it is over roughly 2 days latter the weight will be gone plus an extra pound or two... stupid water weight!!!
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    I do whatever the fack I want when I'm on my period and you best stay out of the goddamn way. LOL!!!!!!!

Good answer! lol Plus the only thing you should change is maybe increase iron rich food and lower the sodium. I wouldn't change your calories much.
  • aab2011
    aab2011 Posts: 49
    Options
    I have heard this. I know for me when I am on it I am always starving, I get this way when I am sick also. I think everyone's body is different but I can def add in some extra cals and not gain anything.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do whatever the fack I want when I'm on my period and you best stay out of the goddamn way. LOL!!!!!!!
    :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's true. However, I tend to basically eat whatever I want during those days. I don't gain, but of course don't lose either. LOL
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

LOL!! Too funny!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I dont think its true!!!...I normally dont eat so much and workout even harder so no one can tell, I am bloated lol.......... I HOPE GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW PRECIOUS US WOMEN ARE...ALL BECAUSE OF THE THINGS WE GO THROUGH! WE ARE STRONG. :) lol
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I seem to gain the weight that week anyway. Comes right back off, but still, it's annoying!!!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    :laugh: Preach it!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No it's not true.
    Menstruation itself is a passive process - your progesterone levels fall and menstruation is the result. It's the two weeks BEFORE your period (between ovulation and period) that your body is active in actually producing the lining. Actually your body's working on that lining all cycle but mostly during those two weeks. You rmetabolism is slightly higher during this time but I highly doubt it's an extra 500 calories.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    It's true for me. I burn a lot of calories during that time b*tch slapping ignorant people around me who annoy me. Hence, more calories to consume.

LMAO...Love this!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    According to my BodyMedia Fit data I don't burn any more or less than my usual while I'm on my period.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Not being a lady, I can't say I'm an expert.
    What I can say is when a woman is menstruating I wouldn't dare tell her that she can't eat 500 extra calories...

Now there is a very wise man!!! :love:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i know i DO haha
    but i don't think you should LOL
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Not being a lady, I can't say I'm an expert.
    What I can say is when a woman is menstruating I wouldn't dare tell her that she can't eat 500 extra calories...

Now there is a very wise man!!! :love:

pahaha!!