couple questions

Options
so ive been trying to move away from meat being the main part of our meals. we do one dinner a week as meatless...and i buy meats in bulk and repackage/freeze it. i was doing ground turkey today and wondering if im making big enough packages. for me, my husband (who also needs to lose weight, but isnt trying. yet), and my two kids (ages 4 and 5, healthy weight) i made a one pound pack for a meatloaf and then the rest i put in 8oz packs. is that really enough for all of us? i try to do mostly veggie, some starch with each meal.. usually with ground turkey i use it in place of beef... (tacos, casseroles etc) i also do the same with ground beef.

other question. i know it doesnt really matter what time of day we eat our meals...but ive been reading a lot lately about how your breakfast should be within 30 minutes of waking, and if exercising in the morning you should eat first. on kidlets school days, i get up at 7 to start their breakfast and while theyre eating im making her lunch and make sure everything is ready to go. i dont usually have time for much more than a cup or two of coffee before i walk her.. its 1.4ish miles round trip and i try to eat as soon as i get home. is this ok or should i try getting up earlier to make my own breakfast too? i dont feel starving when i first wake up and i dont feel weak while we're walking or anything.

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Can't help you with the 1st question, I';m single :D

As for the 2nd question. IMO, it's not that big of a deal to eat before a 1.4 mile walk. If you wanted to though, take a banana with you and eat it along the way. Or have juice in the morning instead of coffee, which would be better for you regardless of your walk anyway :)