off topic - need advice

Options
anyone willing to give me some boy advice off the boards? I will be forever grateful, lol.

Replies

• blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    anyone willing to give me some boy advice off the boards? I will be forever grateful, lol.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    What kind of advice do you need?
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you are a young person. Here is your advice stay away from the boys until you know what you want out of life. If you are older I don't really have any advice, except if you are having bad boy problem throw him away and get a new one.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Best Advice...you will never totally understand them and they will never totally understand you. for me, the boys that caused a lot of drama in my life and always made me wonder what If what I was doing was right or wrong, my experience is that is natures way of telling you they are the wrong one. When the right one came along for me it was easy, no wondering, just nice!

:wink: Good luck
  • ajanieva
    Options
    If you are a young person. Here is your advice stay away from the boys until you know what you want out of life. If you are older I don't really have any advice, except if you are having bad boy problem throw him away and get a new one.

:laugh: This made me laugh:laugh:
    I've been with my husband for over 3 years and we've been married almost two... I knew he was my Mr. Right because he didn't make me question who I was.

I totally agree with the "get a new one" idea if you are dating. Life's too short to waste your energy making a "boyfriend" into a husband. When your knight comes along he'll present as a keeper and not make you worry about the rest.:flowerforyou:
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    A man should always put you first. Don't be used! If you can't compromise on issues and always arguing.... then take time apart. If you don't get back together. Then it wasn't meant to be. *Always look at a Man's past, present and see what he wants for the future. If he has no ambition...move on. You can't change men. And don't marry a "Momma's Boy" Because he'll always put her first. If a man can't make a decision without his Momma you'll never last being married. You need to establish a great friendship, with a lot of communication. Don't guess each other's needs and wants. Discuss them and always be honest with each other. Good luck! (I met my husband 18 years ago, we were engaged 2 yrs later, then married. We have never gone to bed angry! He helps me with our 2 little boys, and sometimes the housework and laundry. He doesn't take advantage of me. He never sits at the table like a "King" waiting for his meal. He's a great husband and Father. I have girlfriends that married the opposite. Most of them are divorced. The other's married are always depressed and complaining.) Keep your chin up & Good luck! :heart:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Janie - that is PRICELESS! And good advice! I second it...
    Love it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My advice is to leave the boys alone until you are happy with how you see yourself and where your life is going without a boy.

There's not a man alive who can fill the hole God gave us for His love and our own self-confidence in life. It'd be like putting a square peg in a round hole, and neither you or the boy would end up happy. So take joy in who God made you first! :happy:
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My advice is to leave the boys alone until you are happy with how you see yourself and where your life is going without a boy.

There's not a man alive who can fill the hole God gave us for His love and our own self-confidence in life. It'd be like putting a square peg in a round hole, and neither you or the boy would end up happy. So take joy in who God made you first! :happy:

Filling that empty spot with God's love is the best way ever to take care of every aspect of your life. I agree. Good advice
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Heading towards "locked" territory I believe.