The wedding photos did it.

Options
Hi all, just went to my brother's wedding last weekend and the pics are on FB...when I saw the ones with me in them I about fainted...I guess I had no clue it had gotten that bad...which is why a friend of mine suggested I check out this website. It's time for serious action before I end up with a heart attack or my knees give out entirely.

Replies

• syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP feel free to add me =)
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome I hope you fall in love with this place like I did :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. It really helps to see it in black and white. Take it slow and you'll stick with it forever. It took time to put the weight on and it will take time for you to take it off. Just think before you reach. Make your healthy eating your hobby. Search online for lower cal recipes for the foods you love. I bought a food scale and educated myself on portion size. Its not what you think. Welcome and good luck.
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY Agree with you! My daughter is about to be 3 and i told myself i would lose the weight by her 1st birthday. since then, i've gaine prob 30 extra pounds on top of that.It wasn't until I saw pictures of myself from last Christmas(2010), that i decided to start.. . of course it took a while to get serious and i lost weight and stoppped everything i was doing, bc i was doing good! lol Well, i was doing good bc i was following a plan! i gained ALL the weight back in a month and now i'm back on track, bc i am determine that THIS Christmas WILL be different ... start with small goals, they work WAY better! I have a goal of 10 pounds by christmas. Thats do-able. If i lose more, then GREAT, but it has to be AT LEAST 10 pounds! now, If you are soo determine and go in head first, good for you and good luck! :-)
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY Agree with you! My daughter is about to be 3 and i told myself i would lose the weight by her 1st birthday. since then, i've gaine prob 30 extra pounds on top of that.It wasn't until I saw pictures of myself from last Christmas(2010), that i decided to start.. . of course it took a while to get serious and i lost weight and stoppped everything i was doing, bc i was doing good! lol Well, i was doing good bc i was following a plan! i gained ALL the weight back in a month and now i'm back on track, bc i am determine that THIS Christmas WILL be different ... start with small goals, they work WAY better! I have a goal of 10 pounds by christmas. Thats do-able. If i lose more, then GREAT, but it has to be AT LEAST 10 pounds! now, If you are soo determine and go in head first, good for you and good luck! :-)

Yep I am the same way melruiz5! My son turns 3 in february, and I am heavier now than the day he was born! I have a LOT of work to do! I want to be down 20 pounds by his birthday (at least) so I have a lot of work to do!

Oh and I know about the whole picture thing! I got a wake up call at the end of August for my brothers birthday party! YIKES! I looked pregnant...yuck!:frown:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I do the same thing with photos. Can't believe I let myself go so bad! You've made a huge step in the right direction coming on here. Best of luck!
  • winniss
    winniss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Calorie counting works!! Lost 45lbs in total the last 5 months... one month on here and lost 9lbs :D
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you may add me as a friend if you like. You've come to a great place....the encouragement you will get here is outstanding!
  • kassandra81
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) I'm pretty new, too. I'm sure you will love it here, and get lots of support.
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    welcome! this is a great site and you will love it! :happy:
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. My sister got married in August...she made me wear a dress. Soemthing I had never done because I was insecure with my weight. I had a fabulous time there but looking at the photos left something to be desired. However, MFP is full of great tips and tools and wonderful people going through the same thing who still have an uplifting word or two to say to someone else! You won't reget it....and feel free to add me!
  • sitterlass
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement. I'll be hard pressed to get that in my family as I'm the only one with a weight issue. Already saw some good ideas about cottage cheese. :) Enjoy your day.
  • drmonkeybrain
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm a newbie here too - hoping to lose about 25 lbs. the weight has creeped up on me without me realising :noway:
    So here I am doing something about it (at least trying!)

Cheers :smile:
  • 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A picture was was did it for me too! You've come to a great place - everyone is great here. Good luck - you CAN do it!