Espresso Coffee

Options
I love espresso, just black, I like to drink between 2-10 shots a day, the caloric value is very low at 5 cals a shot and 75mg of caffeine each, I'm just wondering if anyone has an educated response to how this might effect weight loss.

Anyways, I figure its better to indulge in coffee than greasy pizza, beer, or ice cream.:smile:

Replies

• weissjoel82
    weissjoel82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love espresso, just black, I like to drink between 2-10 shots a day, the caloric value is very low at 5 cals a shot and 75mg of caffeine each, I'm just wondering if anyone has an educated response to how this might effect weight loss.

Anyways, I figure its better to indulge in coffee than greasy pizza, beer, or ice cream.:smile:
  • Cole4248
    Cole4248 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All I know is that caffine dehydrates the body, so you need to have as many ounces of water as you do caffine, plus the daily recommended amount,
  • weissjoel82
    Options
    yes, this is a struggle, especially in Calgary where the humidity is very low, I usually drink 16-24 cups of water....which makes me think I might be washing all the nutrients out of my body..
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of caffeine - I think I'd research that and maybe cut down gradually

I love Espresso too but only a shot or two 1 or 2 times a week
  • weissjoel82
    Options
    fun fact, there is as much caffeine in 1 venti brewed drip coffee as there are in 6 shots of espresso.
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I love coffee/espresso myself. :laugh: However after reading the article below me I learned to get my energy rush from other sources such as protein shakes and kick boxing.:smile:

I believe this site will be helpful. ezinearticles.com/Coffee---Health-Risks-Drinking
    Also this site helps you understand how it affects your body www.pe2000.com/caffeine.htm -

I hope you can find it them helpful I did.:smile:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I drink my own brew every morning. I had stopped at one time in life and found it's more of a habit, then NEED, but it's so yummy to drink in the van pool on the way to work. Especially now that it's cold out. I won't be giving it up anytime soon.